Discuss flux brushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do most people tend to use pastry.brushes as flux brushes? The flux brushes I get from the plumbers merchants dont last long

cleans your fingers

I use a half inch paintbrush.. just trim to suit and buy plenty

I've had the same small laco flux pot with brush on the lid for about 3/4 years, just keep topping it up with flux from a big tub. I don't clean fittings with flux after soldering like some of the lads at work do so maybe that's why it's lasted so long

I've had the same small laco flux pot with brush on the lid for about 3/4 years, just keep topping it up with flux from a big tub. I don't clean fittings with flux after soldering like some of the lads at work do so maybe that's why it's lasted so long

this fad for 'cleaning up' the joints after soldering by brushing flux on em drives me crazy.

I maybe wrong but doesnt it help clean the joint up before you clean it ?

clean yes..
with flux ? no, it only goes green and eats away at the pipe over time.

solder, swipe your finger around the joint, clean up with a wet cloth and done.
why does a joint need more flux after its soldered ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flux brushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock