Hannah

So am really confused about what's the difference between flux's :mad2:

Can anybody tell me? :smiley2:

Hannah x

So am really confused about what's the difference between flux's :mad2:

Can anybody tell me? :smiley2:

Hannah x

Laco is easy peasy

Power flow is better imo but it gets to work as soon as it hits the copper and make it hard to get 15mm fittings on sometimes.

They're the only ones I've used

Laco is for men, power flux is for diyers, ever flux stings too much in a cut. And then there's this....
image.jpg

Everflux is the best but you need to be careful as it is very corrosive. If you drop any it will eat it's way through the earth's crust and down to the centre of the earth where it will cause a reaction and the entire globe will go up in a puff of vapour. That's why it's important to use dust sheets.

ones a yellow tub, ones a black tub with red cap, ones a white tub with blue cap, ones a metal tin with pinkish label.

theres alot of differences :)

All of them Hannah. It's very much a personal thing. I like Powerflow because I've always used it.

Mike likes everflux because it creates tectonic chaos.

And Ray likes the ones that make his pockets jingle.......

Everflux and laco are both active fluxs that clean the joint for soldering, everflux is always active where as laco is only active when heat is applied. We use to just use laco for gas installs because it shouldnt corrode ( just look horrible when not cleaned properly ) but then they realised we had used everflux for years with no problems so why bother!

from memory fluxs that are only active when heated should be used on gas pipe work as unable to flush wether laco or powerflux are I have no idea can anyone advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flux in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back