Discuss Free standing roll top bath leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have a customer with a brand new free standing roll top bath and everytime they use it, it drips through the floor and onto the ceiling below.
The problem is the bath isn't fixed down to the floor and the leak is coming from the join where the waste meets the plastic bottle trap and I also noticed its cross-threaded. The feet don't have screw holes or anything, is there a flexible fitting available? or even a metal one?

answered your own question Phil, if it's cross threaded the seal won't be shutting off around the waste.

I know, the thing is if I reattach it or put another plastic trap on if its striped, then how do I stop it happening again.?

PTFE or joint compound around the BSP thread on the waste should cure that. :)

Cheers for bringing that up lol!, can't believe I asked such a basic question. :blush5:

Is compound/PTFE tape really going to stop a waste pipe from leaking when it's attached to an unsecured bath? Short term, yes, but long term? I think not.

Or have I missed an in-joke? :detective:

Yes you can get a Flexible pipe from trap into waste pipe, Is it possable to drill feet and fix down bath ??

Er...yeah this was 4 years ago, if I remember I fitted a Mcalpine flexi waste, the acrylic free standing bath wasn't heavy enough to stay in one place on its own.

i would silicon the legs in place blob of clear under each one built up where it doesnt show 24n hours without use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Free standing roll top bath leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hi I fitted a bath/shower 12 years ago and a few months ago it developed a leak. It was basically at a coupler on 40mm solvent where my new...
Replies
Views
Bath waste was slow-draining, and turned out to have about 6" of matted hair hanging onto the grille. It is a Clearwater, non-slotted...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope to get some advice. Fitting new bathroom with free standing bath so need to move feed and waste. I’ve a problem with the soil pipe as...
Replies
Views
R
You leave your teenage kids alone for a couple of hours and come home to a leaking bath and deep scratches in the oak flooring. Somehow the roll...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock