Search the forum,

Discuss freezed pipes burst in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anybody had any burst yet? very quiet here!

no burst pipes yet in mersyside had a frozen condensate today longest pipe run i have ever seen well over three meters in 21.5 just did what i could to free it up and will go back tomorow to fit it internally whitch is what would have been easier to do in the first place the last fella must have either been a nutter or had a load of plastic left from another job lol

Had a backplate elbow on a bib-tap crack this morning but that's all. Needs a good wind to go with this frost and there should be bursts everywhere. Hopefully.

Had a rainwater harvesting pvc pipe crack today where it screwed onto brass, looks like in the cold the plastic contracted more than the brass and split. No frozen pipes as of yet though.

Yep, had one on Saturday. Blown the comp fitting off an outside tap. There is gonna be loads, it's freeeeeezing.

no burst pipes yet in mersyside had a frozen condensate today longest pipe run i have ever seen well over three meters in 21.5 just did what i could to free it up and will go back tomorow to fit it internally whitch is what would have been easier to do in the first place the last fella must have either been a nutter or had a load of plastic left from another job lol

where about in merseyside you from ?

had a compression go been tightend to much and cut through pipe !

called out to two places where pipes had froze but not burst..

one in a loft un-insulated, managed to get it flowing again after using a hair dryer, followed up by insulating hot and cold, then sticking fibreglass over them..

then another where an old boiler was left open, cover off and the draft had been cooling the existing pipes next to it.. ripped that out and bricked up the hole.. sorted.. long may -5 continue

then another where an old boiler was left open, cover off and the draft had been cooling the existing pipes next to it.. ripped that out and bricked up the hole.. sorted.. long may -5 continue

bit of scrap !

Come on phone, ring!

Snow_Liverpool_2013.jpg

Must be someone wearing arm bands round here.

Not a single one. The sun is shining and there's no snow as of yet.

we are like a bunch of doomsday merchents waiting for people to have a bad experiance of the plumbing r heating kind bad arnt we

My one's probably around that length, maybe more, but in 40mm and leaves the house with a fall, no level with an elbow to freeze!

nothing yet to warm up here had a wee bit of snow last night but when i was on call last night it was heavy in edinburgh, in 2010 i had 95 call out ina week including 25 on xmas day

i had a ballofix inside a heated flat pushed of the pipe it was on the run to the outside tap a good ten foot inside as well suppose it froze and found the weakest point to pop

Nothing in Cheshire Yet

always thinking back to January 2010 when i did 14 bursts one sunday (3 houses were actually next to each other)

Got a call to decommission a property to prevent frozen pipes if that's any good.
only problem was I attended but it had been done 3 months ago.
They even called a locksmith to break in and change the locks so I could do it.
What a complete waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to freezed pipes burst in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock