Discuss Frost Settings ISAR HE24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jneil

My late mother in law’s bungalow is now empty and the insurance company have asked us to keep the heating on. There is a combi boiler (Ideal – Isar HE24) and a room thermostat in the hall. This I believe (looking at pictures of the stat and remote box) is a Honeywell Y6630D1007 but I cannot find any codes on the unit.
The heating system was covered by a company that did the annual service and carried out repairs. They said that if I set the thermostat to the ‘snowflake’ symbol the heating would come on at +5’C irrespective of any timer settings. Does anyone know if this is correct as I have no way of checking? Also, as the property is empty, I fear there is a risk of the mains feed pipes in the bungalow and roof space freezing if the temperature drops sufficiently. Is it safe to turn off the main supply, which would limit any damage should the pipes freeze?
Many thanks for your guidance.

If it's been unoccupied for less than 6 months get it drained. If the house has been empty for more than 6 months your insurance co will require the central heating to be working

If it's been unoccupied for less than 6 months get it drained. If the house has been empty for more than 6 months your insurance co will require the central heating to be working

Many thanks for this information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Frost Settings ISAR HE24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock