Search the forum,

Discuss Full bore or Lever valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am thinking of making some improvements. I want to replace the existing isolating / stop valves which I think are just standard ones to full bore valves. However for ease of use I would like to have valves with a lever but I can't seem to find a full bore lever valve.

On screwfix I see the following.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/full-bore-isolating-valve-15mm/46860

But the following it says its a ball valve.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/lever-ball-valve-red-15mm/67744

Which is better for isolating the supply - will be in bathroom.

Full bore but on cylinders eg feeds levers as in an emergency they don’t require tools

Did you read it properly/fully?

Attachments

• AC6B57D4-C910-448E-BB9D-BDE9DEF8A99C.jpeg
    AC6B57D4-C910-448E-BB9D-BDE9DEF8A99C.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 16
Sorry but my explanation was a bit poor. The existing stop valves I want to replace are the ones connected to the sink and bath.

So copper pipes currently terminates in a isolating valve that requires a screw to operate. So an isolating valve that is full bore, has a lever and can connect to the sink and bath flexible tails.

Butterfly handle iso ball valves will do if you want easier use and you can't use a slotted iso ball valve as you listed.

ball-valve-15mm-compression-blue-butterfly-handle-23364-2_min_23364_P_1.jpg

That looks perfect. Can a sink / bath tail be connected to that?

The reason I am looking for a flat face isolating connector is from this video. 1m 10s in but then he says not that he has had leaks from a standard fitting - so not sure.

Last edited:
Butterfly handle iso ball valves will do if you want easier use and you can't use a slotted iso ball valve as you listed.

ball-valve-15mm-compression-blue-butterfly-handle-23364-2_min_23364_P_1.jpg

Do these come with a compression fitting on one end and a flat connector on the other end to attach basin taps, toilet inlet valves.

I thought I could connect these to flexi tails.
Or do I need another connector?

Last edited:
You can stick a flexi straight on. Just slightly more than hand tight. You can get "flat faced" specially for flexi but not sure they come as a butterfly.

You can stick a flexi straight on. Just slightly more than hand tight. You can get "flat faced" specially for flexi but not sure they come as a butterfly.

I have a 22mm bath filler tap and 15mm pipes. So I need a flexi that will connect from the bath tap to an isolation valve that is full bore and if possivle lever - but screw operation is acceptable.

Any valve is in essence a service valve.

I always use full bore lever valves, there is rarely a situation where it can’t fit. If needed, cut down the handle or put it in the vise and bend it.

If you’re gonna attach a rubber flexi to it, I always give the compression end a slight file to flatten it.

Reply to Full bore or Lever valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock