Search the forum,

Discuss Full bore or Lever valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am thinking of making some improvements. I want to replace the existing isolating / stop valves which I think are just standard ones to full bore valves. However for ease of use I would like to have valves with a lever but I can't seem to find a full bore lever valve.

On screwfix I see the following.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/full-bore-isolating-valve-15mm/46860

But the following it says its a ball valve.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/lever-ball-valve-red-15mm/67744

Which is better for isolating the supply - will be in bathroom.

Full bore but on cylinders eg feeds levers as in an emergency they don’t require tools

Did you read it properly/fully?

Attachments

• AC6B57D4-C910-448E-BB9D-BDE9DEF8A99C.jpeg
    AC6B57D4-C910-448E-BB9D-BDE9DEF8A99C.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 16
Sorry but my explanation was a bit poor. The existing stop valves I want to replace are the ones connected to the sink and bath.

So copper pipes currently terminates in a isolating valve that requires a screw to operate. So an isolating valve that is full bore, has a lever and can connect to the sink and bath flexible tails.

Butterfly handle iso ball valves will do if you want easier use and you can't use a slotted iso ball valve as you listed.

ball-valve-15mm-compression-blue-butterfly-handle-23364-2_min_23364_P_1.jpg

That looks perfect. Can a sink / bath tail be connected to that?

The reason I am looking for a flat face isolating connector is from this video. 1m 10s in but then he says not that he has had leaks from a standard fitting - so not sure.

Last edited:
Butterfly handle iso ball valves will do if you want easier use and you can't use a slotted iso ball valve as you listed.

ball-valve-15mm-compression-blue-butterfly-handle-23364-2_min_23364_P_1.jpg

Do these come with a compression fitting on one end and a flat connector on the other end to attach basin taps, toilet inlet valves.

I thought I could connect these to flexi tails.
Or do I need another connector?

Last edited:
You can stick a flexi straight on. Just slightly more than hand tight. You can get "flat faced" specially for flexi but not sure they come as a butterfly.

You can stick a flexi straight on. Just slightly more than hand tight. You can get "flat faced" specially for flexi but not sure they come as a butterfly.

I have a 22mm bath filler tap and 15mm pipes. So I need a flexi that will connect from the bath tap to an isolation valve that is full bore and if possivle lever - but screw operation is acceptable.

Any valve is in essence a service valve.

I always use full bore lever valves, there is rarely a situation where it can’t fit. If needed, cut down the handle or put it in the vise and bend it.

If you’re gonna attach a rubber flexi to it, I always give the compression end a slight file to flatten it.

Reply to Full bore or Lever valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, Is it ok to use a full bore isolation valve to isolate a hot and cold feed to taps or should I use a service restricted bore. I’m thinking about using a full bore with a handle as my default as I find that most of my customers struggle to muster up a screwdriver to isolate the water when...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi - recognise this a bit of an odd one. We have an old failed mixer valve which we need to replace. This valve actually predates a temperature controlled boiler, so the mixing functionality is irrelevant, since the cold water pipe is isolated/off. I'd ideally like to replace the shower valve...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock