Search the forum,

Discuss Funny bets available on the election in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

I was looking at oddschecker earlier, and saw the following:

Overall Tory majority 17-2
Overall labour majority 40-1

Realistically no-one else is going to get close to a majority in the whole of the UK.

So the punters are overwhelmingly backing a hung parliament.

Yet hung parliaments are really quite rare - the last one before 2010 was back in 1974 I think.

I also suspect that lots of people who tell pollsters that they are going to vote for a smaller party will have second thoughts in the voting booth and return to one of the larger parties.

So - and without getting into political policies - what bets do you like on the election? I'm quite fancying betting against the hung parliament at those odds. Don't get me wrong, I still think a hung parliament in quite likely, just not so likely as those odds suggest!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicola sturgeon to come over the wall on horse back waving Alex salmond around like a mace screaming FREEEEDOOOOOMMM! I'll take that at 33/1

An snp party where all members are named after types of fish, 3/2

Ed milliband to own a dog named gromit 12/1

Natalie bennett being capable to lead a conga line let alone a government 4,567787,4435599,4567/1

Discovering that Nigel farages mouth was actually the idea behind the grinning Cheshire cat in Alice and wonderland 7/2

David Cameron going to prison for raising taxes before 2020 2/1

Salmond and Sturgeon. Scotland ruled by illuminati of shape-shifting fish.

By the way this will be a political debate within a very short time. You've doomed us all.

Nigel Farrage to cause harvoc at Westminister evens odds. Welcome to the rollercoaster ride

BTW, please remind me when this post gets to page 40 :)

Last edited:
Just looked again today, and a Labour majority has gone out to 89-1!

I understand the problems they have in scotland, and certainly I think they are quite unlikely to win a majority, but even so, surely its not 89-1 unlikely? A three legged donkey in the national gets shorter odds than that.

I think I might just have to put £20 on at that price.

I understand the problems they have in scotland, and certainly I think they are quite unlikely to win a majority, but even so, surely its not 89-1 unlikely? A three legged donkey in the national gets shorter odds than that.

What about a three legged donkey candidate standing for parliament in a safe Labour seat...Nailed on ???

When I came to place the bet, Labour had gone out to 109/1 against an overall majority.

Silly, silly odds on what is essentially a three horse race (Tory win, Labour win, hung parliament).

I almost find my self hoping they win now with £25 at those odds...

There got Nicola sturgeon on the radio now. There's been a few different members on from different parties and all have avoided answering questions asked directly.

She has just been pressed my listeners on some quiet key policies that aren't their most favourable and answered all of them directly, informatively and thoroughly. I can see why she's winning the braveheart vote

I wonder if she could be persuaded to move South and lead the "Freedom for Hampshire" party

Vat going down. 200/1
Benefits cuts 2/1
More money wasted on pish-- all bets off

Conservative majority now 7/1
Labour majority 50/1

Cameron as pm 6/5
Red ed as pm 1/1

Interestingly u kip majority 500/1
Lib den majority 1000/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Funny bets available on the election in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock