Discuss Funny bets available on the election in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

I was looking at oddschecker earlier, and saw the following:

Overall Tory majority 17-2
Overall labour majority 40-1

Realistically no-one else is going to get close to a majority in the whole of the UK.

So the punters are overwhelmingly backing a hung parliament.

Yet hung parliaments are really quite rare - the last one before 2010 was back in 1974 I think.

I also suspect that lots of people who tell pollsters that they are going to vote for a smaller party will have second thoughts in the voting booth and return to one of the larger parties.

So - and without getting into political policies - what bets do you like on the election? I'm quite fancying betting against the hung parliament at those odds. Don't get me wrong, I still think a hung parliament in quite likely, just not so likely as those odds suggest!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicola sturgeon to come over the wall on horse back waving Alex salmond around like a mace screaming FREEEEDOOOOOMMM! I'll take that at 33/1

An snp party where all members are named after types of fish, 3/2

Ed milliband to own a dog named gromit 12/1

Natalie bennett being capable to lead a conga line let alone a government 4,567787,4435599,4567/1

Discovering that Nigel farages mouth was actually the idea behind the grinning Cheshire cat in Alice and wonderland 7/2

David Cameron going to prison for raising taxes before 2020 2/1

Salmond and Sturgeon. Scotland ruled by illuminati of shape-shifting fish.

By the way this will be a political debate within a very short time. You've doomed us all.

Nigel Farrage to cause harvoc at Westminister evens odds. Welcome to the rollercoaster ride

BTW, please remind me when this post gets to page 40 :)

Last edited:
Just looked again today, and a Labour majority has gone out to 89-1!

I understand the problems they have in scotland, and certainly I think they are quite unlikely to win a majority, but even so, surely its not 89-1 unlikely? A three legged donkey in the national gets shorter odds than that.

I think I might just have to put £20 on at that price.

I understand the problems they have in scotland, and certainly I think they are quite unlikely to win a majority, but even so, surely its not 89-1 unlikely? A three legged donkey in the national gets shorter odds than that.

What about a three legged donkey candidate standing for parliament in a safe Labour seat...Nailed on ???

When I came to place the bet, Labour had gone out to 109/1 against an overall majority.

Silly, silly odds on what is essentially a three horse race (Tory win, Labour win, hung parliament).

I almost find my self hoping they win now with £25 at those odds...

There got Nicola sturgeon on the radio now. There's been a few different members on from different parties and all have avoided answering questions asked directly.

She has just been pressed my listeners on some quiet key policies that aren't their most favourable and answered all of them directly, informatively and thoroughly. I can see why she's winning the braveheart vote

I wonder if she could be persuaded to move South and lead the "Freedom for Hampshire" party

Vat going down. 200/1
Benefits cuts 2/1
More money wasted on pish-- all bets off

Conservative majority now 7/1
Labour majority 50/1

Cameron as pm 6/5
Red ed as pm 1/1

Interestingly u kip majority 500/1
Lib den majority 1000/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Funny bets available on the election in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
I've not spoken to one person in the last three years who thinks the idiots in parliament are worth a string of beans. The Brexit fiasco...
Replies
Views
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Dear FairFuelUK Supporter We have a moment of opportunity to stop the massive 16p a gallon tax hike on petrol & diesel that the chancellor waved...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all My name's Paul and I'm in County Antrim, N. Ireland. I'm pretty good with pretty much any DIY stuff bar plumbing! I've just joined the...
Replies
Views
P
French Plumbing Sorry that this is over 4 postings, it was too much for one posting, so please bear with me There is not much difference...
Replies
Views
Back