Search the forum,

Discuss Gas and Solid Fuel/Wood linked C/H systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RBJ

Looking for advice from experienced installers.
I currently have a 3 unit C/H and hot water system with wood burner, solid fuel range and Stelrad Ideal Mexico gas boiler (20+ years old) that has failed and not sure if current regulations and current gas boilers will require system to be modified.
Any help would be appreciated. Norfolk area
:sad::confused5:

Whats failed on your gas boiler, gas valve and Thermcouple readily available, as you suspect, a new boiler could require modification to system.
Welcome to forum.

Seals have gone and apparently Stelrad don't supply any more for this model, failed smoke test.
Thanks for the reply.

I know it's possible because I came accross a company that made wood burners with a back boiler that can be connected to a heating system. Primarily for sealed systems. Unsure about an open vent systems. I can't remember the name of the manufacturer.

The wood burner has a temperature stat linked with the overflow if the water is too hot it sends it outside. The flow and return connects in to a low loss header tank.

A hetas engineer will be able to advice you better on linking your wood burner to your heating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas and Solid Fuel/Wood linked C/H systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have an issue with my Ideal Logic+ System S24 boiler which I hope someone can help with. Below is as much detail as I can think of. The boiler has been running constantly (cycling?) 24/7 for the last few days, during the recent very cold snap and since. HW and C/H are running fine, as per...
Replies
Views
I am after advice about a heating system I am looking to put into a recently purchased house. Ideally I would like a multi fuel log burner something like a stovax Stockton 11 with a back boiler connected to an H2 control system and that connected to an oil fired rayburn 680K. I have sourced the...
Replies
Views
Hello, as the title suggests we have multiple problems with our c/h and are looking for any guidance or advice. I thought it best to list all the problems we have, as briefly as possible, in the hope someone could help with any of them or maybe see a link between some of them to point...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
B
Can I somehow link either a woodburner or a solid fuel boiler into an oils system in a sensible way ? My old farmhouse had a straw and pallet burner linked with an oil fired rayburn along with a woodburner ! You could boil the whole system . My old plumber marvelled at how the guy had made it...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock