Discuss gas boiler has been idle in storage for 2 years, will it still work? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

M

malex83

Hi all,

A friend of mine no longer needed a one year old condensing gas boiler so I took it off his hands and left it in storage for the last 2 years until I needed it. The time has come to replace my old boiler with the one that is in storage but when I was speaking with a plumber about swapping them out, he warned me that the boiler which has been idle for 2 years might not work due to dirt getting into it.

This boiler is an ideal logic regular boiler and has been lying on it's side on a table in an unheated and unused guest house. As an unused space, there is plenty of dust which has settled in the room. I did not think to cover any of the openings with protection.

The plumber said that I would be taking a lot of risk to fit this previously used and idle boiler as it might not work once he has certified it and I would have to pay him anyways for the work. Then he suggested that he could sell me a new boiler.

Is the risk as great as the plumber suggests or is he exaggerating so he can also sell me a new boiler?

Thanks for your help

Reply to gas boiler has been idle in storage for 2 years, will it still work? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock