Search the forum,

Discuss Gas certificates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Gas Engineer
Just wondering if u guys fill in a gas safety certificate after every gas job. As the training centre I re sat my ticket at said that gas safe were only really interested in appliances with flues. Therefore hobs and cookers didn't really need certificated to gas safe?

I dont know the answer what others do but arent they pretty interested in flueless fires too ??

I fill them in for pretty much every service I do. I think quite a few people seem to charge more for a gas safety certificate over a normal boiler service so perhaps I'm missing a trick.

If I'm doing repairs or similar then I never fill one in.

Hi russel .Best to give paperwork for everything. Even a service . I believe that any gas appliance flued or no must be documented. Or even if I work on a gas pipe , I'll do a tt and print our results and your covered

Russell you are kinda overlapping two things, a gas safety certs or other suitable paperwork isn't mandatory for every job, but it could be seen as good business to provide it for the customer along with the invoice, looks more professional and gives them something else with your number on it for the future, appliances with flues require to be notified to local building control via a competent persons scheme or direct to local building control

No hob is not notifiable but I would issue a homeowner / landlord cert. and an invoice! . While your there offer a boiler service, or purge and relight note any defects .

Your training center sound a bit gaff. All gas appliances can kill and all should be treated with same respect. Gas safe don't matter they don't kill people you will. Slow steady and safe. Get some regin service pads and some regin inspection pads. They have all the bullet points you need when starting off. Nothing like missing some thing out.

Last edited by a moderator:
What need official Notification under Building control is here:
[DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Notifications.aspx[/DLMURL]

As said by others Giving some paperwork for everything you do is professional.
If it is a Gas Safety Inspection Report (landlords) there is a legal requirement for it to include certain info. You are probably already using the correct paperwork for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
But are you registering them with gas safe kris or just issuing customer a safety sheet

Just a customer gas safety check sheet or homeowner gas check.

Russell, it has to be notified to building control, either directly or via a competent person scheme, of which Gas Safe is one (of the better ones I might add haha) but in the case of the hob, no it doesn't need to be notified as it doesn't have a flue, aga/range type cooking appliance would as they have a flue

Probably the only pieces of gas paperwork that are mandatory would be benchmark (now compulsory) LGSC and warning notice, everything else is good practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas certificates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
Hi all gas engineers. While doing landlord’s gas safety , if gas hob do not have data badge or manual . How can we test it for safe to use ??
Replies
Views
The self-certification certificate states that "....the work was carried out in accordance with Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations, as well as other relevant industry standards" I would be very grateful to know what you think "other relevant industry standards" are, please? Also...
Replies
Views
Hi, my mother had an electric cooker installed yesterday. The guy who fitted it said it shouldn't be close to the gas pipe but it is. The red arrow shows the gas pipes, the blue arrows are the electric supply for the cooker and the purple is the back of the cooker. I know nothing of plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock