Search the forum,

Discuss gas connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just past ACS & appliances , looking to earn some spare cash on my days off by doing what ever gas work there is available but not sure of the going rate £'s? is there many plumbers out there who aren't Gas Safe ? what would be the sensible going rate for gas connection on appliances?

Rob

Folks are often unwilling to post there prices on an open forum. Why don't you just call a few engineers in your area to and ask what they charge for fitting a cooker or whatever else you want to know. Cheeky, but that way you will find out.

many plumbers out there who aren't Gas Safe ?

I haven't been Gas Safe for a few years now, like a few members on here I just concentrate on wet plumbing.

As for the 'going rate' for your work it can vary depending on where you are in the country, just have a search around the web and you'll find lots of websites which actually display their prices. Also, you'll have to get yourself registered with HMRC if you want to carry out these personal jobs legally.

Last edited:
blake does that not look funny to you. not sure of the going rate £'s? is there many plumbers out there who aren't Gas Safe ?

@Rob Gas Safe - What is your day job?

blake does that not look funny to you. not sure of the going rate £'s? is there many plumbers out there who aren't Gas Safe ?

I was unsure if it was just the way he had worded it, maybe he will come back on and clarify his position.

Multi Skilled maintenance fitter - welding, fabrication, electrical, gas,

Is it okay if I admit that I don't get it?

LOL! Duh, now I get it. Doh!

Last edited:
Is it okay if I admit that I don't get it?

LOL! Duh, now I get it. Doh!

Hi, perhaps was a bit vague ! I'm a maintenance fitter , get involved all sorts of the usual engineering plant including many gas burners, as mentioned just done the domestic gas and now hopefully my employer will send me on the commercial cross over. get plenty of time due to working shifts and hopefully pick up some domestic work, I was thinking perhaps there was plumbers out there who don't bother getting gas qualified and would be easier for someone like myself make the final connection for that unknown price that both of us would be happy with ,

you are unable to do any gas work on the outside with out your OWN car Not your bosses company

Sounds to me like someone who's willing to sign other people's work off - make final connection and all that.

Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but you need to explain exactly what you're planning on doing with these new qualifications of yours outside of your normal job.

Hi, my thoughts where if a plumber had fitted/plumbed a boiler to the M.I. and then perhaps if he wasn't gas registered then I could connect the gas , other work hope to pick up - servicing, installation, of cookers fires , boilers

You forgot to answer post #2 - 'Are you gas safe registered?'

Last edited:
No Rob you are NOT allowed to connect a gas supply to a boiler that an unregistered (and probably un qualified) plumber has fitted.

Gas Safe are very strict on this. Who fits the flue? You or the plumber? Who does the buck lie with if something goes wrong and the occupant is hurt or killed?

How do you check that they have done things like clean the water in the system properly.

All you intend to do is help the cowboy sector of the industry by signing off their illegal installations for a few quid. Which will only encourage them to do more.

Not a popular thing to say with many on this forum.

you still not getting me you cant get do ANY gas work until ur gas safe

Hi, my thoughts where if a plumber had fitted/plumbed a boiler to the M.I. and then perhaps if he wasn't gas registered then I could connect the gas , other work hope to pick up - servicing, installation, of cookers fires , boilers

Your a fool if your gonna go round final conecting and signing off other non registered installers work for 60-100 quid

And you need your own number and pl insurance to do work after your hours with your boss

This is the mad thing? How did he pass his ACS? Seriously?

What registered engineer has he been working with to gain his portfolio of evidence?

I've helped a bloke to get his ACS. There is no way he would come on here asking such a stupid question.

rob just casue you have passed your acs does not mean u can work on any gas stuff, you boss will need to register you and you will need to register your own card as well as if i was your boss i would not allow you do outside work under his name

Hi, this forum is quite addictive hey , not yet but obviously will do before I do any work, did my ACS & appliances in January was on the hope that my employer will pay for the commercial cross over + registration, so just holding out for a little while in-case this happens,
I could only guess at pricing , £50 a boiler service and perhaps £20 for every other appliance thereafter ? I was charged £215 to connect a gas fire couple of years ago he was here not even 2 hours, think this gave me the drive to get gas qualified

what were u learning before passin you acs were u doing boiler service or doing plant room stuff, take it you have a Fga.
holding out you must note you can not undertake any gas work

It seems you are in it for the quick buck.

Let us know how your probation period goes.

Danny , thats a bit strong , I was just asking if there was plumbers (qualified) out there who weren't gas qualified , of course the flue would be checked or even fitted as well , if you don't like the question don't reply then

You cannot do any private work unless you have your own gassafe registration number and public liability insurance.

IF you go to another installation to make the final connections both you and the chancer who installed the boiler are working illegally.

As a moot point, have you clearance from your boss regarding private gas work?

Thread closed until you can prove you are gsr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock