Search the forum,

Discuss gas flow meters for purging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike_s

What do you use? I do quite a bit of catering work but not enough yet to justify purchasing a turbine meter at around £700.

it shows this example on bes.co.uk with a standard diaphragm meter but don't you have to monitor the velocity in real time or is it acceptable to calculate afterwards?
p44new.gif

Im going to do my change over soon, so will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully some experienced people will answer the thread

You have to calculate and plan before hand to ensure the correct purge volume passes in the correct time. Diaphram meter is a bit bulky but will probably suit most smaller commercial jobs.

Last edited:
I'm just going to buy the diaphragm purge meter here. It is slightly different to a u6m designed for the purpose. After doing some research it seems using this kind of meter is common and definitely acceptable. The turbine meters you use in college are too expensive for most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas flow meters for purging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock