Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas Inspection Visit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob jefkins

Got my first gas inspection visit in a few weeks time which I'm not worried about as I know I work safely with gas.
However my gas merchant says that he will pull me up on not having a gas analyser. I have only been going a few months and do have CPA1 to my name. Does anyone know if this will come up???
At the moment I use a visual inspection of the flame as well as burner pressures and gas rates.
cheers
rob

not yet needed,relax,have your books to refer to and don't guess.they are there to help us,not trick us,you'll be fine

sounds like your merchant wants to flog you an fga, good luck with the inspection

i have my inspection on monday too.....gotta take the dude to 3 jobs that i've done,should be fun.....

dont worry rob, they are not all bad,most inspectors are helpful and are not there to grill you,just revise your stuff,they will be looking for tightness testing , burner pressures ,biggy is gas rates and things like spillage and flue flow checks if applicable,also gas regs but they will help and give you guidance

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Good luck mate. Let us know how you get on

Last edited by a moderator:
Do gas safe contact you to arrange a visit or is it down to the engineer to sort nearer the time?

just had my inspection today ,, very nice man , have not yet got fga or cpa1 , he got his out and showed me it ,, :) . he rang me, said in my area can he inspect now .. all ok ..

all inspection are different i guess..my first and only inspection so far was so straight forward i could of done it over the phone.

ive got mine next week, im very nervous. i have been working for a company for a while nw, just applying for my own gas safe. i mainly do servicing and breakdowns i havent installed many full heating systems so i am nt as confident on say pipe sizing and things like that. everything else i feel confident on, any pointers from ne1 would be appreciated

If you have CPA1 and take him to a job where the MI,s ask you to use a FGA you are gonna have some awkward questions to answer.

went smooth, he has took me off my probation period, he was impressed with me from the start, asked a few questions abt gas rates, n gas regs bt nuthing that was very hard. buzzing

I'm a new gas safe register ! ive got mine next month , im very nervous I don't event have job not yet I don't know that they guna ask me:yawn:

It all depends what work you do, there are no regs to say you must have an analyser, however the regs and MI now state where you must check an appliance using an analyser, so if you do that work then it's obvious you must have access to an analyser, you don't have to own one, you can borrow or hire one, but the inspector isn't stupid, if you say you fit boilers and hire an analyser to comply with the new requirement to check it then he will want to see receipts, the bottom line is you say you work safely so you will know if you have ever done any work that should have required the use of an analyser, if you have only worked on cookers or standard efficiency boilers then visual and gas rate will suffice

i have my inspection on monday too.....gotta take the dude to 3 jobs that i've done,should be fun.....
3 jobs!! I have been reg with corgi/gas safe since 1991 had numerous inspectors & have never shown them anymore than 1 job.

3 jobs!! I have been reg with corgi/gas safe since 1991 had numerous inspectors & have never shown them anymore than 1 job.

ha ha me neither couple of times ive shown them no jobs just had a chat last one came to site didnt fancy the mud so we sat in car and did a therotical gas rate and he tried to sell me some books

I took mine to 2 jobs. First thing I did was buy an analyser when I passed.the guy was sound, had me doing some gas rates, tightness tests, picked my jobs apart asked me some questions and left. Don't worry.

Had my inspection few weeks ago, took gas safe inspector to a job next door where I fitted a boiler, used fga infront of him prooved I can use the thing and have access to one, wanted to know if I have a warning pad and stickers, gas fires were removed but gas pipes were just shut by iso valve, I told him not my job but it shouldnt have open ends, he gave me cap ends to cap gas fire pipes as become our responsibility, working inlet was 17mb at boiler, gas pipe was undersized, I mentioned this to him at begining and told him work was in progress; he was happy enough to remove me off probation and see me in a years time, they just come to make sure you know what your doing and not there to get you unless your really bad

I had my gas safe visit two weeks ago, was completely bricking it.
Turned out the examiner was really good.
Plenty of questions but very relaxed, as mentioned above, the examiner is checking you know how to work safely and competently.
Didn’t have to take him to multiple jobs.
Make sure you have your earth bond leads though.

I had my gas safe visit two weeks ago, was completely bricking it.
Turned out the examiner was really good.
Plenty of questions but very relaxed, as mentioned above, the examiner is checking you know how to work safely and competently.
Didn’t have to take him to multiple jobs.
Make sure you have your earth bond leads though.

What area are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Inspection Visit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock