Discuss Gas Inspector (and me) got it wrong!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use common sense, if you AR stuff all the time on minute little details like 12mm to close to opening, and 7mm too close to ground, with no signs of any problems...

then you arent not using engineering judgement at all. You are just following a procedure, we are paid to make decisions :)

Like Graham says

QUOTE:Thought multiple NCS = AR on flue & ventilation applied to OF, not RS.

QUOTE:Use common sense, if you AR stuff all the time on minute little details like 12mm to close to opening, and 7mm too close to ground, with no signs of any problems... then you arent not using engineering judgement at all. You are just following a procedure, we are paid to make decisions :)

Back you both up on this one. There is no stacking of NCS to AR on roomsealed. Loads of RS terminals are fitted to near openings, just have to use judgement. If your not sure, do combustion and ambient air tests and record down your results. Generally you know the ones that have to go off.

on worcester boilers you measure from innner flue not air intake was told this from the horses mouth :)

on worcester boilers you measure from innner flue not air intake was told this from the horses mouth :)

by definition of the nature of the risk is what i based my statement on, ok it is just a theoretical question but it makes a difference to which box you tick " is flue termination satisfactory YES or NO " the danger is where the POC's exit the building not where the air goes in, yes it is called a concentric flue, and you buy a flue assembly and you ask the apprentice to hand you the flue, but it is still a flue and an air intake assembly, if it was measured from the outer pipe then this would also effect the judgement on the positioning of a twin flue assembly (another misnomer or is it? as one pipe is a flue and one an air intake)

I always used to measure from outside better to be safe than sorry! But the Worcester tech told me outer i's just a air intake and inner is flue for poc's so to measure from there! I think it's one of them were common sense prevails and a a qualified engineer will see if there i's a

surely common sense has been declared an unsafe practice in these days of constant worry over litigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Inspector (and me) got it wrong!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock