Search the forum,

Discuss Little embarassing for my company..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aire

Around 3 years ago, an engineer who was used to work for us installed this boiler. The flue was in my opinion too close to the internal corner of the house but he told me it was fine, I was training for my gas at the time so who was I to argue. You'll see from the pic there is also a window there which at the time of install wasn't openable. The customer around 2 years ago had new Windows fitted, hence the openable window now in the pic. The embarassing bit is my company also installed the windows :oops: (theu did not consult me about the window distance from the boiler). Customer has now complained as they've had someone round to service the boiler who told them if he touched it he would condemn it (and rightly so). Easiest option I can think of fixing this would be a plume kit to 45° it away from the house, elbow up and back out above the gutters. Anyone see an issue with this? I would only realistically be able to get one clip on it though so would that be enough support?

IMG_8462.jpg

Spoke to vaillant, a plume kit would be fine for taking flue gasses away from the window but the air intake would still be too close to an internal corner so only option is a vertical flue :(

Am I right in reading this that the measurement from an internal corner reduces to 25mm when used with a plume management kit and the 300mm then only becomes a recomendation?

20190129_125259.png

If you have fitted a boiler and windows. It would be prudent to fit a vertical flue and keep a happy customer as a plume kit would look hideous

Only way I could re-route internally would be vertically, it's in a small utility so no where else to take it. @quality is right, we messed up so no point trying to bodge it, just do it properly and keep the customer happy.

@scott_d my role is just a plumbing and heating installer. I work for a construction firm and apart from my apprentice I'm the only plumber they have. I don't do quotes or anything, I do survey boiler installs etc but just tell the showroom sales staff what's required and they do the quoting. This boiler or install had nothing to do with me though, I've just got to put it right.

Reply to Little embarassing for my company..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock