Discuss Gas meter relocation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Desolder the elbow or drill a new hole lower and adjust pipework outside ?
So that’s the job done and all tested and working.
However, I had to cut out the internal ECV and use that because the fitting I got didn’t fit into the anaconda.
I ordered a 22mm - 3/4 male straight adaptor but it was too small, the lip on the Anaconda wouldn’t fit inside it.
Here is a pic of the fitting.
Any ideas because I think I’m going to have a few of these to do.

However, I had to cut out the internal ECV and use that because the fitting I got didn’t fit into the anaconda.
I ordered a 22mm - 3/4 male straight adaptor but it was too small, the lip on the Anaconda wouldn’t fit inside it.

the second link i gave you was an adapter incase the male iron internal dia was too big (thought it might be)

eg

No picture mate 5 words
ah ok mate, here it is

Attachments

• 18533942-7A1B-4974-A9EF-300D13DBC213.jpeg
    18533942-7A1B-4974-A9EF-300D13DBC213.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 1ECE7BA0-8006-41DB-BF51-7B201A654B4C.jpeg
    1ECE7BA0-8006-41DB-BF51-7B201A654B4C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
the second link i gave you was an adapter incase the male iron internal dia was too big (thought it might be)

eg

I’ll have to get them onto that then, I just hand my order line into our store and they give me it from their stock

reg attached to the ana? as tbh you dont need it as its already down to working pressure eg 20mbar from the reg outside in the meter box

so you could use two gas meter connections etc (thats if the reg outside is working )

reg attached to the ana? as tbh you dont need it as its already down to working pressure eg 20mbar from the reg outside in the meter box

so you could use two gas meter connections etc (thats if the reg outside is working )
The outside reg is the only one.
They had fittings on the meter so the anaconda went straight into it.
I know what you mean though I could have just used a tail and hard piped both sides ?
For future ones where ana is at the meter I’ll need the proper fittings to connect onto it though , as I will have to fit a new AECV which will be a lever valve with compression at both ends.

The outside reg is the only one.
They had fittings on the meter so the anaconda went straight into it.
I know what you mean though I could have just used a tail and hard piped both sides ?
For future ones where ana is at the meter I’ll need the proper fittings to connect onto it though , as I will have to fit a new AECV which will be a lever valve with compression at both ends.

tbh unless its on a reg all meter connections should be hard piped

the anas only there for the high pressure side eg before the reg (yes its still only low pressure eg .75mbar + )

you could just use two meter connections eg

and stick a lever valve before the inlet to the meter hard piped

tbh unless its on a reg all meter connections should be hard piped

the anas only there for the high pressure side eg before the reg (yes its still only low pressure eg .75mbar + )

you could just use two meter connections eg

and stick a lever valve before the inlet to the meter hard piped
I get you mate.
Just to confirm though for future when the ana is on a reg and I have to use it and I have to get to copper from it the correct fitting should be the 3/4 - 3/4 adaptor you posted a couple of messages ago just with a 22-3/4 screwed into it ?

I get you mate.
Just to confirm though for future when the ana is on a reg and I have to use it and I have to get to copper from it the correct fitting should be the 3/4 - 3/4 adaptor you posted a couple of messages ago just with a 22-3/4 screwed into it ?

correct if going onto an ana tbh there not that much might be worth trying one to make 1000000% sure

depends whats in the way you cant move it more that 1m away and you need access to the ecv so hard pipe it remove the ana out of the reg and install a tapered male iron (3/4) then you just need to get onto the ecv so a 3/4 meter connection to 22mm should sort this out

Don’t know that would be down to the grid to decide if they say ok get in writing then go ahead

Reply to Gas meter relocation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock