Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

what are the regs on moving a meter - the meter supply pipe enters the terrace front room in corner fed from outside in alleyway between the next terrace the customer wants the gas meter in the next room. is it possible to connect to the ecv and run a 22mm pipe to the next room and fit the meter there .

ant

You can but you'll need a 2nd ecv with a label attached stating where the main control for the house is I believe and it will have to remain accessible! .. there's a distance that has to be adhered too whereby you must fit a second ecv and label ... it won't come to my head right now. I'd have to look that up :)

As Diamond says, you'll need a second ECV and label plus the original ECV will need to have permanent unrestricted access. You also need MET1 to move a meter.

It might be worth finding out how much the transporter will charge to run the pipe externally and into the second room or stick an outside box in.

to add to the previous posts you should also get written permission from the supplier to move their meter, you can buy 3 fittings from BES to do this, i have done plenty of them, just remember to ensure you fully support the anaconda at the relocated end, think the 3 fittings cost about £5-6 so that and some 22mm copper fittings and clips will be a lot less than getting the supplier to move the inlet

as long as it's labelled telling you the position of the original ecv, i dont think you need a 2nd ecv.
it does'nt apply in this case, but if the meter is moved less than 2m and is still in sight of the ecv, you dont even need to label.

gas providor want £500 to move pipe eternaly over by 2m . the alley is flagged so no tarmac to replace .meter got to be moved over from where it is by 2m so may run internaly with second ecv . thanks will look in bes for parts.

ant

what are the regs on moving a meter - the meter supply pipe enters the terrace front room in corner fed from outside in alleyway between the next terrace the customer wants the gas meter in the next room. is it possible to connect to the ecv and run a 22mm pipe to the next room and fit the meter there .

ant

sorry if

Last edited by a moderator:
gas providor want £500 to move pipe eternaly over by 2m . the alley is flagged so no tarmac to replace .meter got to be moved over from where it is by 2m so may run internaly with second ecv . thanks will look in bes for parts.

ant

meter adaptor
BSP T x BS746
3/4" x 3/4" PART NO: 0181 (£1.62) page 31

BS746 female x capilliary
3/4" x 22mm PART NO: 0244 (£3.54) page 31
washer for above PART NO: 8720 (£0.11) PAGE 31

COMPRESSION x BSP T
22mm x 3/4" PART NO: 7371 (£2.60) page 148

You could get an old gasman to move the service pipe for you, not a hard job if you knew how to work safely on live gas.
Definitely showing my age now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock