Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Pipe clearance > in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Yesterday evening I removed a gas fire and capped the pipework as required. Today I learned that a log burner is to go in its place. The log burner installer is (I am told) going to sit the log burner on the floor in front of the gas pipe I have capped. Is there a minimum dimension from a log burner to a capped gas pipe? He also told the customer to get a new floor fitted in the room before he came to fit the log burner??

If they are having a new floor then cap it there better still if it run's back near to gas meter

the floor is already down its the first thing they did and now there supposed to be knocking hell out of the chimney breast to install a log burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Pipe clearance > in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently moved in to a house and in one of the kitchen units where I want to put a intergrated freezer there is a small pipe coming...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock