Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss gas pipe run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

allright guys a new neighbor has moved in next and has been at me to fit her a gas fire, the main problem is the gas pipe she has tiled floor within the full house no access to under neath the floor. so i am going to have to run the gas pipe at the front of the house. the main problem is the door step,do i across in from of it.
has anyone else had to a job like this.

Thanks steven

Attachments

• IMAG1604[1].jpg
    IMAG1604[1].jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 53
All I can say is that you cannot install the pipe where it may be subject to mechanical damage

It's up to you where you put it

All I can say is that you cannot install the pipe where it may be subject to mechanical damage

It's up to you where you put it

Thats the problem cant put it in front of the step the over said what about building a other step as its a high step anyway,

what about dropping the pipe under ground ?

could you run around the corner into the internal corner then straight up and run along under the eaves?

tamz i donthave any iron tools,

Steverun round the side then up to the eaves then run back down to the livingroom not going to look the best at a front of the house but it is an option

Why can't u bust out step, sleeve through new step ? In copper. Philmac do below ground range u with compression fittings- no fusion welding

Last edited by a moderator:
how much is philmac stuff, i would need to duct the gas pipe if undergroundprices underground cooper and it was scary prices

Speaking to my builder about the step

tamz i donthave any iron tools,

Measure it and i'll cut and thread the pipes for you and you can pick them up at the house then screw them together at the job.

Don't touch the step. Apart from it weighing about 2cwt you'll burst the roughcast and have to put a new slip step in too.

Last edited:
tamz and atouchofgas what the easy way without the hassle, if it needs done it needs done.
Its copper at the meter so i would need the correct fitting from iron to copper and same on the other side.

touchof gas does it need to be ducted or can i just dig a trench and run the plastic pipe with in the trench

Well transco don't duct there stuff ( 375mm depth required of the top of my head ). That link I gave you you just need a female iron to comp straight or bent what ever is easiest,

They are all easy enough.
Tap a bit pe off an SGN or Turriff guy and get him to put a couple of drawlocks or crimps on the ends. A bit fibreglass sleeve and a couple of hockey sticks if you feel like asking. 30 quid would get that done.
You can do it in copper if you like, plastic coated or un-coated but if un-coated you will need to wrap it in denso.
Dig a track about 15" min deep and bed the pipe in sand with a marker tape about 6" above the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas pipe run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock