Discuss Gas pipe work long run from Gas meter in large property in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Two options meter needs moving to the house or supply pipe needs upgrading from the meter to the house

Many thanks.
Somehow I have touched what I am not qualified.
Such kind of installation volume is more than 0.035m3 and I don’t know the size of underground whether is large or small than 35mm. So officially I can not touch to do the tightness and purging procedure. If the upgrade meter Installed adjacent the house, I ,as domestic gas guy can do it Without gain commercial ACS. SGN look like don’t want to offer us to remove meter, So there is only one option left, accept their Offer. Because exist meter is G4 meter, the capacity is limited, only update pipe size underground will not adequate. I just want to know whether there is chance to run only one boiler which gain 17mb inlet pressure and get good GPA Reading?
Regards

I wouldn’t say it’s possible even with one boiler distance is too great 100m is a long way

Its a very long way and quite frankly the eng who commissioned the boiler(S) needs a visit from GS cos that is miles out . I only do non-dom and are based in the midlands however not had much pushback from supplier to put meter where I want it, this would help you and perhaps get you back in scope, good Luck

Reply to Gas pipe work long run from Gas meter in large property in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock