Discuss gas safe logo and right of use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

is it true that if your not gas safe, it is illegal to display the logo on media material?.

you can't use the corporate yellow and white logo at all. not even if you're gas safe registered. As for the black and yellow logo, it depends on what kind of media material and in what context. why not just give them a call and find out from the horses mouth.

For £438 I'll use what I want!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The yellow triangle logo is a registered trade mark and only those given permission by the trade mark owner (i.e. those paid up and on the register) may use it. Otherwise it's breach of copyright.

If youre not GSR it is illegal to use the logo. Unqualified builders & contractors etc were using the logo on leaflets & adverts giving the impression they were GSR then trying to get round it by saying 'we use a guy who's GSR so we thought we could use it'. If you are a contractor or builder who uses a GSR company or plumber you can mention that in your advertising but not use the Gas Safe logo.

Yes as said the logo you have to use is the black background with the yellow triangle. Just had an issue with this as some adverts in a local paper were using the yellow triangle with no black background. Gas safe emailed me to inform me that this was in breech,( they must check all adverts in every paper ) and gave me 30 days to amend or else !
So i had to get in contact with the paper and inform them that they were using the wrong logo in peoples adverts including mine, and would they kindly alter it before i got prosecuted !
So be aware and check your adverts cus big brother is watching you.

Yes as said the logo you have to use is the black background with the yellow triangle. Just had an issue with this as some adverts in a local paper were using the yellow triangle with no black background. Gas safe emailed me to inform me that this was in breech,( they must check all adverts in every paper ) and gave me 30 days to amend or else !
So i had to get in contact with the paper and inform them that they were using the wrong logo in peoples adverts including mine, and would they kindly alter it before i got prosecuted !
So be aware and check your adverts cus big brother is watching you.

They should start chasing the cowboys instead of fussing over which bleddy logo people use, whatever next

wouldnt it make more sense if gas safe contacted the papers directly as the mistake is obviously theres not yours and policing the brand is surely gas safes problem not yours
As they obviously scan these forums
GAS SAFE
GAS SAFE
GAS SAFE

If youre not GSR it is illegal to use the logo. Unqualified builders & contractors etc were using the logo on leaflets & adverts giving the impression they were GSR then trying to get round it by saying 'we use a guy who's GSR so we thought we could use it'. If you are a contractor or builder who uses a GSR company or plumber you can mention that in your advertising but not use the Gas Safe logo.
this is why i am asking as i have seen a website connected to this forum and they are not gas safe but are displaying the logo?.

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldnt it make more sense if gas safe contacted the papers directly as the mistake is obviously theres not yours and policing the brand is surely gas safes problem not yours
As they obviously scan these forums
GAS SAFE
GAS SAFE
GAS SAFE

Thats what i said to them, but they said it was down to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas safe logo and right of use in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock