Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safety inspection-Tenant not in twice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Sale

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Do you still charge for showing up to letting agents when tenant does not keep to appointment? I have been twice to this tennant and arranged times twice but still no show! Should I charge the agent? if so what should I charge them? I can't afford the fuel on a 3rd time.

Thanks

Rob

Hard one really . You can always tell the landlord/agent there will be a charge for a 3rd visit if its a no access??? Annoying when this happens i no.

I charge my first hours attendance fee, for tenants that do not keep appointments, only had to do it twice though.

yes , £25 but im lucky i only do work for the one and theyve written it into the tennancy agreement

I didn't usually charge on the first missed appointment but informed the landlord. Second missed appointment I charged £40. You need to cover the time and the fuel so it depends how local it is.

charge for missed appointment and dont hand over llc until paid! helps with cash flow in yr direction.

If you do not charge the agent anything they will not be to bothered how many times you go but if you charge they will.also depends how much work the agents give you. but I can see where you are coming from I have one where you knock the door you know there in and just don't open the arrangement on that property now is I meet landlord there on inspections and he opens up if no answer but he is a private landlord and i get on well with him. not sure if agents can let you in from a legal side of things but is worth asking.also on your next visit make it clear to tenant that you will ring them 1hour before inspection and if no answer you will assume they are not in and will not be making a visit which will save you the time and travel costs. you will have to let us know how the story ends

so if tenant doesnt let you in and llc due does that make it at risk so can you turn of gas at meter? just a thought for an arguement sorry discussion!

@lame When i did my training i did placement for a guy that did housing associations it was when it went to the third and final visit and tenant was not in they phoned the police, sgn and capped them off.

Do you still charge for showing up to letting agents when tenant does not keep to appointment? I have been twice to this tennant and arranged times twice but still no show! Should I charge the agent? if so what should I charge them? I can't afford the fuel on a 3rd time.

Thanks

Rob

had 2 today banging on door but no answer bet when i do get in there will be no gas

a lot of housing associations are fitting time clocks which go in to limp home mode after a set period of time which means the tennant has to keep using the boost button for heating/hot water untill the clock is reset at the service

a lot of housing associations are fitting time clocks which go in to limp home mode after a set period of time which means the tennant has to keep using the boost button for heating/hot water untill the clock is reset at the service

This is a good idea in theory but it wouldn't take long for the tenant to go on t'interweb and find out how to reset the clock.
Wouldn't even have to do that if the clock installation destructions are left on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safety inspection-Tenant not in twice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock