Discuss Gas Shutoff Valve Okay or not okay in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hiya, I had someone tell me that the valve in the house was not okay, can someone give me a view ? thanks

1 (1).JPG2.JPG

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    454.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    501.5 KB · Views: 17
It is difficult to work it out off the photo's to my eyes.
Will it shut off or is there a restriction either side? You need to be able to turn it off in an emergency.
Did the person tell you why it wasn't OK?

What is the electrical looking component sat down behind the meter?

They are correct can’t easily get at it also doesn’t look like it will close / shut fully

Had the entire BG team once in here never said anything, neither did Vaillant and Scot Power.
Yes it closes readily to the fully off position which can be easily and clearly felt. It's true you have to put your arm in there but in practice it takes 3 seconds and the off / on is easy to recognize and smooth.

You can do it easily with practice but can somebody else in an emergency? Not ideal but you could get a chippy or DIY a little access hatch or door in the wall of that cupboard.

Reply to Gas Shutoff Valve Okay or not okay in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can give me advice with this one. At an annual gas service today I found a Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i to be using only running...
Replies
Views
My toilet flush valve is continually draining (the rubber seal has perished) . . . I'd be grateful if someone could give me a link to parts that...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock