Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas Stove Fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richo106

I am wanting to install a gas stove fire (Stockton stove - small) to my pre cast flue, i have checked that this fire is suitable for a pre cast flue. It will connected to the flue on the rear of the fire.

would all I need for this is a closure plate? or how would i do this? (obviously i will be using gs to install it) i just want to get a bit of background info before i start proceedings.

I have built out a fake chimney breast and am i right in thinking i can line the inside of the fire place with juts ordinary wall board and plaster as it will be over the required 150mm (it will be 200mm) all the round from the fire? What would i put on the back wall?

All help and advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you gas safe mate?

Last edited:
Sorry just read you're not but all the same mate I'd be getting a gas engineer in to do the prep as I can't see many people being happy to sign off and commission on other peoples work

The work i will doing (along with my father in law who's a builder) is to construct the fake chimney breast , plasterboard and skim. i won't touching anything to with the connection or installation of the fire. i am just getting a quote for the fireplace and just seeing what else i will need to buy and obviously the way we are constructing the chimney breast is to the regs.

I'm not saying definitely don't do the prep yourself but I would say enlist a gas engineer now to ensure its to gas regs. Also the mis with the stove will be a good reference.

so who is responsible for signing off the flue to say its constructed correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Stove Fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock