Discuss Gas works in council properties? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all.

This is a silly question, if I live in a council property and I'm gas safe registered am I allowed to carry out any gas work?

Reason I ask this is, when I had my Gas Safe inspection the inspector told me I couldn't touch any of the appliances cos I haven't had permission from the council? Any advice?

No you can't, is the simple answer. And if you were in a council house why would you do it yourself? There's no need they'll service every year and renew every 8 or 10.

Pretty sure this came up fairly recently with a gsr member and he forced to take time off and watch whilst somebody else did the work.

It's my moms property and she's had a new gas meter today and the guy has condemned the cooker. I'd already advised my mom that it was no good even though the council had let her keep it when they done the yearly safety check. She's been out and got a replacement cooker so asked me to fit it.

I had seen on this site a few times about similar issues.

If she's had to replace it like she has then is it the councils responsibility to come and connect it? That don't sound right to me.

Or is the issue because I live there

I don`t see one, starting to think you are misunderstanding me.

No I know what you mean. AWHeating and APPlumbing posted conflicting answers so I'm wondering if there's a reason as to why I'm not allowed to install.

no you cant as your not on there approved contractors list

Go ahead and fit the cooker, no one will bat an eyelid, council tenants pay me to fit them all the time round here, im not on any list with the council

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas works in council properties? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back