Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss General advice and also extras on CP12 in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone

I have been working as a gas engineer as a boiler installer for the past 5 years and recently I’m getting into doing landlords gas safety certificates. Any advice on faults which I can rectify (stuff to keep in the van) to increase my bill would be great! Also any general advice would be great as I haven’t competed a cp12 in quite a few years!
Many thanks

Hmmm fitting boilers for 5 years you should really complete a gas safety cert for each Installation it's in the regulations you need to keep a record of all the gas work you carry out that is everything service , repair , alteration and all new work digitally or paper copies if you get inspected by Gas Safe then you need to show them your records ,Things to carry smoke matches , smoke pellets , case seal , high temperature silicone , fire cement various heat exchanger seals , leak detector, warning notices and pad , caps and blanking meter discs, faults really depends on what boiler manufacturers boilers you work on minor internal leaks are a issue o ring seals AAV ' s in particular , self drilling screws for flues which are often not fixed , undersized gas supply pipework is a common fault and can be ID if a gas cooker or hob is fitted without a FFD you need 2 form of measuring gas pressure one at the appliance one at the meter, a good quality flue gas analyser and printer various apps and boiler manuals pdfs downloaded on your phone . Cheers kop

Hmmm fitting boilers for 5 years you should really complete a gas safety cert for each Installation it's in the regulations you need to keep a record of all the gas work you carry out that is everything service , repair , alteration and all new work digitally or paper copies if you get inspected by Gas Safe then you need to show them your records ,Things to carry smoke matches , smoke pellets , case seal , high temperature silicone , fire cement various heat exchanger seals , leak detector, warning notices and pad , caps and blanking meter discs, faults really depends on what boiler manufacturers boilers you work on minor internal leaks are a issue o ring seals AAV ' s in particular , self drilling screws for flues which are often not fixed , undersized gas supply pipework is a common fault and can be ID if a gas cooker or hob is fitted without a FFD you need 2 form of measuring gas pressure one at the appliance one at the meter, a good quality flue gas analyser and printer various apps and boiler manuals pdfs downloaded on your phone . Cheers kop

Brilliant thanks mate

Reply to General advice and also extras on CP12 in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock