Discuss General questions about Vaillant eco tec 24: energy saving tips,adjusting pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

homeowner

Hi all

I want to keep my bills down. Hardly ever use central heating. The installers set my hot water temp to around 53 degrees and the radiator heat to 60.

Would it save money if i reduced it from 60 to 50 or even 40? (once i figure out how!)
Also, if say the rad heat is set to 60 degrees and your individual room valves are low, like 1 or 2, are you wasting heat, since the boiler is still generating enough for 60 degrees?

Also, when filling the tank with water to adjust pressure: on my old boiler there were 2 little valves that i turned open and shut in no particular order. Should one turn the boiler off when doing this, or can you leave it on? Does it matter in which order you open / shut the valves, and if so, why?

On the display, what is the difference between say turning the manual dial (in the centre) to off and pressing the on/off button to the right of the boiler? The button i think switches if off completely, but what does the 'off' on the manual dial actually switch off?

Thanks in advance

Re: General questions about Vaillant eco tec 24: energy saving tips,adjusting pressur

Yes u probably could run boiler a tad lower., far better to turn room thermostat down. You will also save money by only using hot water when you need a bowl full or more. So many users run water enough to get a cup full of hot water out if tap ( rinsing things) this is pretty wasteful as u just filled pipework with hot water.

Re: General questions about Vaillant eco tec 24: energy saving tips,adjusting pressur

Filling is easy. Covered in the user instructions . Also make sure u close taps on boiler when finished as if you leave one in cold open your water won't work .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General questions about Vaillant eco tec 24: energy saving tips,adjusting pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock