Discuss Getting well bent out of shape in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supper plumb

What's the best way to solder brass to brass ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 153
tryed it using frys flux and lead free solder lowish heat still didnt work

Purely out of interest, and I may regret asking, but why do you ask?

I want to fix a brass rad key to a brass nut to get a better grip it just won't work but iv seen it done how do you braze it on ??

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.theheatxchange.co.uk/sku_REGQ615.html[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Get a bigger key instead. Much easier.[/FONT]

If you need to exert more pressure than with a winged key then you'll be into snapping territory! :)

im ording one of then keys to night thanks iv just given it a go agen and it worked chuffed bunny lol i see it on toms top tips on youtube and just wanted to give it a pop

I was surprised how much they cost tbh because I've never paid for any., I've half a dozen sitting in my drawer. Offered Simon in Beggs a big wet sloppy kiss for them but he didn't want anything.

Can't understand why.....

Brazing rod and mapp gas job done, extended ballcock arms this way, in a process flushing tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting well bent out of shape in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
J
I don't live near a city and need to figure out how many rods of 56% I need to solder 3" copper to copper and come copper to stainless steel. I...
Replies
Views
Out of curiosity folks. What are some solutions to fitting these panels when the floor is way out? Obviously if it’s all level there’s no issue...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock