Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Getting work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
hi every one

I am currently working for a company but was wondering if there are any companies/agencies that you can register with
to get extra work.

if so has anyone tried them out........

thanks

try pputting cards in shop windows , small bit of advertising in local mags etc

Have you got your own gas safe and public liability? Don't forget if you're on the cards you need to register as self employed as well if you're working on the side.

As Mike jackson says, if you are working for a Co, you will-not be coverd to work on gas , and could leave yourself open to prosecution, plus risk loseing your job if the boss fine's out !!

Yes I am gas safe registered and have my own ltd company set up.

just wondered how I can get some extra work.

Alot of other engineers asking same question, agencies not doing much or offering low rate's want you to multi task !

Advert in the paper, leaflets all the usual ways. This however, takes time, money and effort. Speak with local builders etc.

I wouldn't run as a ltd as a side line, you'll pay more tax and more for accountancy than its worth. you could trade under the same name as a sole trader though and then if things progress move over to ltd at the right time. This is what I have done, i've declared the ltd company dormant but i secures the trading name so that no one can trade under the same name (theoretically!)

just a quick question duncanM but how do u find leaflets or leafletting ? does it work for you ? i have thought about it but always been told it lowers the business tone so to speak ? looking cheaper etc

working into Builders merchant and leaving your business card Estate agents is another option and word of mouth helps as well...you'll soon b working?

just a quick question duncanM but how do u find leaflets or leafletting ? does it work for you ? i have thought about it but always been told it lowers the business tone so to speak ? looking cheaper etc

Hey on31ll. I find it raises the profile of my business. I spend a decent amount on the leaflets to try and avoid looking cheap. I also do a door chap not just random leaflet drops. I find I get a return of one job per 20 people spoken to sometimes better. I also receive calls months down the line due to this activity.

I also chap the neighbors doors of my customers and tell them about the job I have done next door and this has also proven successful!

When I only did leaflet drops I got around 1 in 100. Easier than also chapping the door but not as successful.

just out off intrest but what type of stuff do you put on them ? jobs u do ? special offers ?

on31ll. I have business name, address, gas safe id no. Areas of work covered i.e installation, service and repair of boilers, cookers, gas fires etc. On the back at the minute I have a promotion on powerflush. I also put a couple of my customers comments on the leaflet and have agreed with them that if required prospective customers can talk to them and look at the work I have done. I give those customers a free boiler service annually for doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock