Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Glow-Worm Betacom 3 & Nest 2nd Gen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Had a new boiler fitted a few weeks ago and I've been dipping in & out of attempts to reconnect the pre-existing Nest G2 I had used with the old boiler.

I can't seem to get them to talk to each-other. Is the glow-worm's e-bus interface different to what the Nest uses, or my old boiler used? I thought all this stuff was standardized.

I called Glow Worm and they said so long as the thermostat is OpenTherm compatible, then it should work. The Nest documentation simply says it's compatible with pretty much everything.

The boiler has the following controller terminals:
Burner off (x2)
24v (x2)
eBus (x2)

While the Nest Heat Link offers up:
Call for heat
Common
Satisfied

It doesn't seem to add up. Any suggestions welcomed. Would be a shame to have to ditch the Nest for a proprietary thermostat...but there we go.

Thanks for your time all

Tom

are you gas safe if not you cant take the cover off the boiler to get to the pcb so you have broken the law already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow-Worm Betacom 3 & Nest 2nd Gen in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock