Discuss glowworm flexicom 30cx boiler - over pressure & drip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, after some help with a flexicom 30 CX - 9 Years old.
Pressure slowly creeps up toward 3 bar, followed by a very slow drip.
Plumber has been out & done the follwing:
Represurised expansion vessel
Relpaced plate heat exchanger
confirmed both filling loop valves are passing water.
Plumber now out of ideas - suggests Gloworm expensive call out.

Assume pressured system is leaking into hot water / rad system, pressure release valve letting water out.

Help needed
1. Is this a common fault - any idea what part ?
2. Any better option than Gloworm call out.
3. Some concencus this boiler is of poor quality / not worth the hassle ?
4. Easy plumb in replacement ?

Thanks

If the filling loops are passing then they should be disconnected.
centralheatking or are they integral on this unit ? but there must be an isolator due to regulations. hmmm back to work chking
sounds like a new exp but just get the gsr to fit an external one
dead cheap ...BES Electric Avenue Brum no doubt more will comment this is a regular one.

Thanks for the advice, the boiler is at my mom's house, I've been over after the advice given, ensured the two loop valves were off, slackened the chrome nut on the loop pipe, this started to drip rapidly for a long time when only slightly loose. I guess this means I need two new valves - 0020026411 & 0020026408.
Or is it possible to blank the valve outlets & fit a universal part.

Tried the original plumber...now retired. Is this an easy job ?

Thanks again for the help.

IMG_1383.JPG

Reply to glowworm flexicom 30cx boiler - over pressure & drip in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock