Discuss Going back to college in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfc

I was let go at the end of my apprenticeship in September 2012 due to cuts within the company. I left with an NVQ level 2. I am now self-employed aged 22 subbying for a company who have about 6 months work for me. I want to go back to college to complete my level 3 i just don't know where i stand on it not being on the cards. If i remember rightly i am funded until i am 24 to do this (Could have changed)

Appreciate anyones help

It will not matter on the books or not, you will have to build a portfolio for your gas.

I remember that someone was self employed when I first started.
a few of them were.
they done there second year and for one reason or another set up on their own.

So i can start the course say in September and i'll just have to find someone to get my on site experience with to complete the portfolio?

I would say so yes. I don't know how they done this though as I can't remember.
No doubt the college will try to help you achieve it.

Ok thanks.. I suppose its a gamble like anything in the trade these days.. Don't like the idea of being on a day release at college and struggling to find someone to get the portfolio done with

When I looked at going back to finish my quals I was working for a guy self employed, and I asked wether I could do it that way. I was told you have to be employed by the comapny to be put on the course.

When I looked at going back to finish my quals I was working for a guy self employed, and I asked wether I could do it that way. I was told you have to be employed by the comapny to be put on the course.

Interesting, Will try and phone the college this week and find out.

Yeah worth a phone call, it is just what I was told! Good luck with it!

i and many others managed it as self employed working with gsr lads for portfolio (free!) CW will disagree but I believe its possible.

Well I am just going off what the college told me like! Said things had changed and you had to be employed by the company.

What if you work for Niallmat heating and Plumbing services? you need a bit of lateral thinking here, you dont need to tell fibs just expand on the truth:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Going back to college in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back