Discuss Going back to college in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfc

I was let go at the end of my apprenticeship in September 2012 due to cuts within the company. I left with an NVQ level 2. I am now self-employed aged 22 subbying for a company who have about 6 months work for me. I want to go back to college to complete my level 3 i just don't know where i stand on it not being on the cards. If i remember rightly i am funded until i am 24 to do this (Could have changed)

Appreciate anyones help

It will not matter on the books or not, you will have to build a portfolio for your gas.

I remember that someone was self employed when I first started.
a few of them were.
they done there second year and for one reason or another set up on their own.

So i can start the course say in September and i'll just have to find someone to get my on site experience with to complete the portfolio?

I would say so yes. I don't know how they done this though as I can't remember.
No doubt the college will try to help you achieve it.

Ok thanks.. I suppose its a gamble like anything in the trade these days.. Don't like the idea of being on a day release at college and struggling to find someone to get the portfolio done with

When I looked at going back to finish my quals I was working for a guy self employed, and I asked wether I could do it that way. I was told you have to be employed by the comapny to be put on the course.

When I looked at going back to finish my quals I was working for a guy self employed, and I asked wether I could do it that way. I was told you have to be employed by the comapny to be put on the course.

Interesting, Will try and phone the college this week and find out.

Yeah worth a phone call, it is just what I was told! Good luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Going back to college in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently qualified as a gas engineer , for the time i was training at the college , i was working as a apprentice for about 6 months...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have been working within the plumbing industry for around 8 years, since I completed my 6129 course at college. I have mainly been...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Trying to reach out to plumbers in nottingham but advice from anywhere in the country would be much appreciated. I’m out of a job...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock