Search the forum,

Discuss Google star rating - bit of a rant. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
I finally got 5 reviews on my Google ranking, all of them 5 star reviews, so Google will now display my star ranking when someone searches for a plumber and I am one of the results.
Problem is that Google shows a 4.8 star rating even though all my reviews are 5 star.
I've done a bit of research and it turns out that the Google algorithm or whatever it is anticipates that at some point I will get a bad review and includes that in the calculation. What a load of bobbins...
So if you currently don't have enough reviews for your star rating to show on web searches, be warned that when you do it might not be as good as you'd think.
4point8.jpg

reviews.png

Wish I had a clue about this sort of stuff. But I am officially and old bugger now!

How is it that Adams Plumbing has full 5 star?
Looks like you need more top reviews to get that.

That's good if it works for you and helps build up new customers.
I would be afraid to ever have any of these review sites because it only takes one arrogant customer to make false statements.

Google , law unto themselves , they wont be happy till the take over the world

Ive got 35 5 star reviews on mine .
The amount of work i get from is very good.

It just proves to me that all this google this, check a something that is B/S. it's just a way of collecting money for advertising.
Pay your money and get an average saleable rating, soooooo predictable.

It just proves to me that all this google this, check a something that is B/S. it's just a way of collecting money for advertising.
Pay your money and get an average saleable rating, soooooo predictable.

Google business listing is free Leo which is why i use. Wouldnt dream of using a service that you pay for

When did this "report this post" thing happen?

Google makes it nearly impossible to predictably have your website high in search results Im pretty sure this is done so that eventually you either give up and pay them for an ad space or use some dodgy tactics like this guy Plumber Crystal Palace | Emergency Plumbers Crystal Palace | Boiler SE19 who has 7 websites all the same except the names of website and content relating to area changes i.e Plumber Orpington | Emergency Plumbers Orpington | Boiler Orpington
At the end anyone trying to compete honestly in their area gets stuffed either way..

It's a bit like one of the internet trade providers over here.

They list you as a plumber in your area, but if you don't subscribe to them, you get a poor rating.

My rating is 83/100. ( which I think is the minimum )

If you subscribe to them you will get a minimum rating of 95/100.
If you pay for an advertisement on their site you will get a minimum rating of 98/100.

I'm in contact with Consumer Affairs about this at the moment, because if someone Googles 'Plumber' in an area, this company comes up. If you open their website - the best ranked Plumbers in your area are the ones that subscribe to this internet trade supply company.

So basically, if you sign up, pay for leads and advertise with them, your the best plumber in a particular area.
If you don't sign up, pay for leads or advertise with them, you one of the worst plumbers in a particular area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Google star rating - bit of a rant. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock