Discuss Google star rating - bit of a rant. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
I finally got 5 reviews on my Google ranking, all of them 5 star reviews, so Google will now display my star ranking when someone searches for a plumber and I am one of the results.
Problem is that Google shows a 4.8 star rating even though all my reviews are 5 star.
I've done a bit of research and it turns out that the Google algorithm or whatever it is anticipates that at some point I will get a bad review and includes that in the calculation. What a load of bobbins...
So if you currently don't have enough reviews for your star rating to show on web searches, be warned that when you do it might not be as good as you'd think.
4point8.jpg

reviews.png

Wish I had a clue about this sort of stuff. But I am officially and old bugger now!

How is it that Adams Plumbing has full 5 star?
Looks like you need more top reviews to get that.

That's good if it works for you and helps build up new customers.
I would be afraid to ever have any of these review sites because it only takes one arrogant customer to make false statements.

Google , law unto themselves , they wont be happy till the take over the world

Ive got 35 5 star reviews on mine .
The amount of work i get from is very good.

It just proves to me that all this google this, check a something that is B/S. it's just a way of collecting money for advertising.
Pay your money and get an average saleable rating, soooooo predictable.

It just proves to me that all this google this, check a something that is B/S. it's just a way of collecting money for advertising.
Pay your money and get an average saleable rating, soooooo predictable.

Google business listing is free Leo which is why i use. Wouldnt dream of using a service that you pay for

When did this "report this post" thing happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Google star rating - bit of a rant. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock