Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Government funding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone know how to or if you can gain access to government funding for Trade related qualifications. Ordinarily you'd either save up or your employer would provide training but I'm in neither position but want to enhance my skill set/employability/wages and knowledge whilst also getting a crack at some better projects etc

im guessing being part of a training provider Ray would be able to advise but anyone else in the know feel free to advise

Email CITB they can usually help just watch out for providers who chase the grant for you, wnkrs provide cack course and try and charge you aswell

im guessing being part of a training provider Ray would be able to advise but anyone else in the know feel free to advise

Sorry Rob, we sold our shareholding in the training company over a year ago now, and I never had any day to day involvement in the management, so I can't help at all.

I got european funding for my NVQs, all paid for, god knows how but my local college offered it and I copped it :)

Not for NVQ am after oftec, f gas and possibly something in the renewables sector pellet boilers or similar

think you wil find that secondary training is all down to you personally, no funding for that anywhere

Find a manufacturer who will pay or subsidise it for you.
12 years ago, trainco aid for my OFTEC . Including accommodation.
No wonder they went int administration!

Have seen I could get a professional carrer development loan but I'd need to find a listed provider and get it from a commercial bank. But the computer wouldn't just say no it would implode.

I love training and development, just had to bite the bullet most times and fork out for it myself.

You can get 24+ loans for level 3/4 courses. You don't pay anything back until you start to earn £21k+

You can only do 1 level 3 course but you can then get another loan to do a level 4 course.

This is only what I've read. Don't know about any free money but if anyone knows then I'll be up for it!

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Government funding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock