Discuss Grant VortexBlue Oil Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Currently doing a refurbishment of our place.
Camray 2 with RDB burner has served us well since 1988 :rolleyes:
So, time for an upgrade to a nice new low emission, high efficiency oil boiler...
.....The Grant VortexBlue External seems to tick all the boxes
Vortex Blue: External | Grant UK
Anyone have experience with these boilers?
Obviously, any information and recommendations will be gratefully received and faithfully applied ;)

Am in similar boat with a Camry 5. Still works faultlessly but decided on changing. Getting a Grant Boiler House model. Worcesters are apparently, though good boilers, over complicated and more expensive than a Grant.

Am in similar boat with a Camry 5. Still works faultlessly but decided on changing. Getting a Grant Boiler House model. Worcesters are apparently, though good boilers, over complicated and more expensive than a Grant.
Interesting that you are in the same situation in having to decide which upgrade to buy o_O
Love the nice red look and efficiency ratings of the Grant boiler house model. Let us know how you get on please...
Meanwhile, the whole house refurbishment continues with the main focus on the kitchen. The old Camray 2 was de-commisioned about 6 weeks ago. Just when it got colder :rolleyes:
Have now decided that the way to go will be a system Internal Grant boiler
Vortex Blue: Internal | Grant UK
This will be installed in the old attached garage, which is due to be converted to a utility room/store/shower room and WC etc :cool:
The flow and return will be up and over, along the landing to the hot water tank. New 3 port valve (old one was gravity HW) and controller etc.
Our local oil engineer does recommend Grant boilers, however, he has not yet worked on the latest VortexBlue, so my original question still stands :rolleyes:
Has anyone experience on the 'new' Grant VortexBlue range of boilers?
They certainly appear to be more efficient and capable of reducing emissions.
Finally, I am looking at a 'system' boiler package. This will replace our old vented/gravity system. Any observations on this upgrade ;)

I'd go s plan rather than y plan.
Also look at additional expansion vessel as vessel supplied with boiler tends to be inadequate.
Have you considered going unvented for hot water? Pressures and flow permitting.

Also look at additional expansion vessel as vessel supplied with boiler tends to be inadequate.
Have you considered going unvented for hot water? Pressures and flow permitting.
Thanks for the advice on S plan and extra expansion vessel :)
It would make sense, because at the moment we have 12 radiators and a JG UFHS in the conservatory. The demand will no doubt increase. :cool:
Don't want to go down the unvented HW route. We have Solar PV on the roof and oil boiler goes off in the summer :D
If you think of anything else, keep it coming......

I posted recently on the CH forum about my setup, boiler some 25m away from property and pump in house. Best suggested I convert the CH to a sealed system and leave HW as now gravity fed. Have done some pressure tests using outside tap fed in 15mm this test point is outside the boiler house by coincidence. Honestly not sure what the figures tell me. Flow rate is 14L/min. Static pressure 1.75 bar. When I open the outside tap it drops to zero!

I know the new combis now come with bigger vessels not sure about the system boilers.

I fit mainly the Vortex Blue boilers. Rock solid piece of kit. What really attracts people is the 10 year full parts and labour warranty available through the Grant GOne installer scheme. They come with a 24 litre expansion vessel as standard so rarely needs an extra vessel.

Reply to Grant VortexBlue Oil Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off...
Replies
Views
I have a Grant Vortex Blue 26kw external oil boiler, installed less than 12 months ago. It's had intermittent non-starting problems resulting in...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, is it ok to turn on and use new grants external oil combi boiler, before it gets commisioned next week ? or can this cause any damage at all...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock