Discuss Gravity fed system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rich2111

Hello

I would like some information on a small job I'm doing for my mum. My mother has a gravity fed system with the bathroom and kitchen both on the ground floor where the hot water cylinder is also situated. There is central heating with radiators upstairs and down. There is also the cold water tank on the first floor in a loft area on the same level as the bedroom where I want to fit a small sink and toilet.

Therefore my question is, will I be able to feed a sink with hot and cold water and toilet with cold if I spur off the hot and cold in the bathroom below on the ground floor. FYI the cold water tank is next to the wall that the toilet will be situated against, could i feed the toilet straight from this.

Or will I need to fit a small pump to help feed the hot and cold to the new sink.

Kind regards Rich banister

Yep should work if the piping right

Hi rich, can you not use mains cold water for the toilet and the basin colds and then its just the hot youd need to worry about for the one outlet id look at maybe an undersink little water heater 2-3kw, if its feesible and a vanity unit, and the mains would feed that to,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity fed system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc. I have...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock