Discuss Green deal success ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So according to the Public Accounts Committee report, the Green Deal failed, there's a supprise
They also say that for every loan arranged, it cost the taxpayer (us) £17,000
Some one made money from it and I know it wasn't me or you
Who'd ave thunk it

Firm round by me made a mint from it , small firm then year later all driving round in fancy cars and flash houses.

Another committee probably also costing a fortune to come to the conclusion that most every day plumbers could of told them before the scheme even started. No doubt there'll be another committee to come up with the next stupid scheme that just lines the the pockets and balance sheets of the big boys.

Looked into it at the time and there were too many hoops to jump through for the average firm with 1 or 2 employees
It only encouraged the big firms to get bigger as far as I could tell, didn't help the majority at all
Would have been good to have had some sort of localised control of issuing work to the little people

Looked into it at the time and there were too many hoops to jump through for the average firm with 1 or 2 employees
It only encouraged the big firms to get bigger as far as I could tell, didn't help the majority at all
Would have been good to have had some sort of localised control of issuing work to the little people

I was getting offers of doing boiler changes at silly rates something like £120 a swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green deal success ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock