Search the forum,

Discuss green deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

roguetrader

Gas Engineer
im signing up to be a green deal installer ive paid NAPIT to come out to check one of our installs they also check to see if your set up right before they make you an accredited green deal installer, my name is down with plumb center for their 5 day course to be a green deal accessor.
just wondering if anyone is else going for it and what do they think.

Just another government flash in pan IMHO. Same as the old home energy packs they started which loads paid to train up for then it got scrapped apart from the EPC's.

it has cost a few quid £680 for green deal installer and £1350 for the accessor course but plumb center said they will refund the £1350 after 10 installs

waste of money imho , there trying anything to meet the co target and nothings working because its all pants

[DLMURL="http://www.warmerenergyservices.com/uploads/files/The%20green%20Deal%20a%20new%20way%20to%20pay.pdf"]The green Deal a new way to pay[/DLMURL]

How to pay for a Green Deal
Most Green Deal improvements are expected to
reduce your heating bill because you will be using
less electricity, gas or oil. Repayments are made
through your electricity bill – because everyone
has one of those.

Your Green Deal Provider will help calculate the
repayments, including interest, that you will need
to make. While the repayments should be no
more than what a typical billpayer should save, the
actual savings will depend on how much energy
you use and the future costs of energy.

If you move, the new occupier will benefit from
the improvements, so they will take on the
repayments.

It's just like a second mortgage imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a meeting yesterday, about becoming a green deal installer. Im still considering it but it does seem a bit of a ball ache to be honest. Theres a load of extra paperwork to complete and you need to pay nigh on £400 to get all the systems in place. Then you have to pay someone to come and inspect an install, and verify your paperwork to become accredited this is another £400/£500. Surley there should be some kind of grant system in place for the accreditation process? It turns out that the main people to benefit from all this will be the ones on benefits and their private landlords, as the average working family will not qualify for any of the measures except external insulation on solid walls??? and the social housing sector have their own set up.

i am doing it and have had three jobs on it but six weeks on still not been paid backlog in payments ect not an advisor just an assesor got that for 300 i pass on the data i collect to the accesor and using his software estimates energy savings and approves work on the basis if that or not that way if the sums dont add up long term it falls on him not me i charge 99pound for the assesment and that goes towards the costs inccured for the assesor to be honest if i had my time over i would have given it a miss just seemed a good idea at the time but good luck to anyone who wants to do it

if you all going to be assessors can you at least learn how to spell it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am off out to get smashed, sleep over baby sitter called grandad is in charge of kids, pints of Peroni ahoy, play nice while I am gone!

if you all going to be assessors can you at least learn how to spell it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deer mR j0hnsson

i Am plesed 2 tel u thaT aFta carRyiNG oUt yoR grean dEel aSsezmunT da gUvmeNT wiL g1V u sum StuF. inSTulashuN 4 da L0ft an sUm udDEr f1nGs liKe SoLer pANellS.

u HAve 2 PaY diS baK ovEr 25 yeerz.

FanK u

It would have been a good idea if we could of carried out the bulk of without needing another qualification or cost to do the work. As with most things now it seems just another way of getting money from hard working people. I think we have all just about had it with stuff like this.

we are heating qualified mcs seems to be paperwork only for money to government imho

I still struggle to see how they can guarantee how a householder will save money on their bills.

Some customers will use their new timers and programmable thermostats as they are told.

Others will simply leave on manual and leave turned up to 22 + degrees.

I can see another PPI style claim era coming very very soon :ack2:.

I still struggle to see how they can guarantee how a householder will save money on their bills.

Some customers will use their new timers and programmable thermostats as they are told.

Others will simply leave on manual and leave turned up to 22 + degrees.

I can see another PPI style claim era coming very very soon :ack2:.

Yep agree Also by law your meant to give them apr rate on lending and green deal is not telling folk that. I see big claims just big cause of the apr rate not being explained and shown.

Green Deal payments are added on to the electricity bill at an agreed rate over an agreed amount of time. Certain items are paid over certain number of years. A boiler for instance is paid back over 10 years (hence why some of the manufacturers are upping their warranties - as Green Deal providers have to warranty the installed item over the life of the green deal loan).
Whether you get the green deal is dependent on what savings can be made over your energy usage and the savings made by installing new measures (e.g. cavity wall etc).
For example, If your energy bills are say £100 / month and by installing loft insulation at a cost of £300 it cuts it down to £95 then your saving is £5 /month. At £300 install cost it would take 5 years to pay back the cost. If this is shorter than the expected lifetime of the measure then it will be eligible for the Green deal finance.
There's a lot of misinformation out there about the Green deal, most of it from the press who are assuming a lot of stuff which still hasn't been decided upon in Government. The jury is still out as to whether it will work as far as I'm concerned, but one things for sure, someone is making money out of this and it sure as hell isn't us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to green deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock