Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss green deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but the total amount cannot be more than the customer is already paying so for instance if they pay £100 per month now once the measures they are installed they would still pay £100 per month until the measures are paid for..... or thats how I read it? ;-)

yes but the total amount cannot be more than the customer is already paying so for instance if they pay £100 per month now once the measures they are installed they would still pay £100 per month until the measures are paid for..... or thats how I read it? ;-)

This is the bit that I don't get.

The deal passes with the property, so the next owner "inherits" both the improvement measure, and the higher energy bills.

Lets say a family live in a house, they have 3 teenage girls, and granny lives with them. They use tons of hot water and the heating is on a lot because granny feels the cold and is always at home.

Their fuel bill is therefore large, and the calculation justifies solar thermal hot water and ASHP. Big costs, but big savings.

Then they sell the house to a single bloke who is a long distance lorry driver, who spends a lot of time away from home, likes a coolish house, and just has a quick shower.

Is he then saddled with paying back measures that made perfect sense for the first owner, but no sense at all for him?

wouldnt buy a house with debt attached personally, and you wouldnt get a mortgage to cover any debt existing, so looks like the vendors will have to clear the debt to sell and as has been stated in the press the loans companies involved want all the interest owed on the outstanding years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wouldnt buy a house with debt attached personally, and you wouldnt get a mortgage to cover any debt existing, so looks like the vendors will have to clear the debt to sell and as has been stated in the press the loans companies involved want all the interest owed on the outstanding years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I might, but I would certainly use it to knock down the price. I think its one of these "bright ideas" that really hasn't been thought through.

The only people I can see it really working for is private landlords who intend to keep the property for years - they get free infrastructure upgrade at the tenants expense. For everyone else - too many unknown variables.

The biggest problem as far as I can see it is that the only people who qualify are those on benefits, so the only people who will be better off are those who cannot or choose not to work and their private landlords. the qualification criterior puts people into three groups the cant pays (detailed above) the can pays ( you and me who work) and social housing the only measures that the can pays qualify for are external rendering. i suppose we could look at it as an extension of the benefits system.........bet Mark Group are rubbing their hands together though the directors stand to become very rich off the back of the green deal

The only people who will gain some benefit is the utilities providers e.g. british Gas etc. They are Green deal providers, will train their guys to be assessors then use their employees as installers. We were solar PV installers a few years back, spent loads getting qualified, busted a gut on the paperwork and constant updating of the quality manuals. did just enough installs to possibly break even. Green Deal is another warmfront scheme in disguise. It will benefit the corporate companies, the training establishments and the competent person schemes. Don't waste your money on this, But good luck if you have, I hope it works for you

That is not correct. There are three parts to a green deal assessment. The energy performance certificate which shows typical savings, based on standard occupancy. Then there is the occupancy assessment. This tailors the EPC results for the current occupier and the result is a Green Deal Advice Report (GDAR).

The GDAR (amoungst other things) shows the client how their potential savings compares to the typical savings stated in the EPC. Now as the loan stays with the property (intheory) and so could cover multiple occupants over the life of the GD plan. The loan amount/repayment rate is based on the typical savings shown by the EPC.

This means that higher than typical energy users will save more and actually have a net saving on their fuel bills (including loan repayment). BUT lower than typical energy users can actually end up with a net increase in their energy bills.

Then you have to factor in ECO, which are the subsidies. This is split in to 3 groups:

- Affordable Warmth, so those who would normally have got CERT funding for insulation.
- Carbon Reduction, aimed at hard to treat properties or off mains gas areas
- Communities, Aimed at the areas considered to be the 15% worst off in the country.

I agree about the paperwork. When I was just doing domestic EPCs I would need 2-3 sides of A4, business energy audits I would use 2-4 sides of A4. For a domestic green deal assessment I need 19 sides of A4 and may have to keep my paper work for 30+ years.

It certainly won't be for everyone. I'm a lower than average energy user so even with the subsidy it is not worth getting solid wall insulation on my property.

I did say there were three parts to a green deal assessment. The third is the assessor has to give advice to the household on how they could save energy costs through no-cost measures. So human behaviour, setting controls correctly etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to green deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock