Discuss Greenstar 28i junior DWH problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Jackson

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, I have a Worcester greenstar 28i Junior combi mk111, that works fine in CH mode but locks out in DWH after 1-2 mins, Slow Flashing blue (light mostly on) with flashing reset showing, I have re pressurised the expansion vessel as it was flat and Pressure is reading about 1.2bar now and holding. The fan was pulling minus 1.2mbar, so cleaned out the hex including the burner and it is now pulling a healthy minus 7.2mbar, there wasn't much left of the electrodes when I took it out to clean the hex. So I fit new ones along with a new seal of course. But alas still locks out under DHW demand. changed the high limit stat still no joy. No water leaks. wiring harness and connections are good and pump runs good with no unusual noises and the flue is clear. So I bit the bullet and changed the control board... Guess what... still locks out when hot tap running. So if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. (me thinks maybe plate exchanger now)??? after that I,m stumped.

Gas pressure on full load ?

As above check plate and thermistor, never had a faulty thermistor on one of these but always a first. The other thing to check is the rubber flexible pipe behind the fan...known for splitting. Had this and been fine on heating but when fan ramps up on hot water, air/gas mix is incorrect and will lock out. Can you analyse it in HW before it locks out?

As above check plate and thermistor, never had a faulty thermistor on one of these but always a first. The other thing to check is the rubber flexible pipe behind the fan...known for splitting. Had this and been fine on heating but when fan ramps up on hot water, air/gas mix is incorrect and will lock out. Can you analyse it in HW before it locks out?

Ah not tried that will try to check the air gas mix before it locks out and check the tube at the back, I normally analyse after about 10mins use, but not got that time as it locks out well before.

That's an overheat lockout isn't it? Check for blockages and the three sensors. Although normally when its a plate problem it will pass down the flow, have you checked for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar 28i junior DWH problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock