Discuss GREENSTAR 30CDi grumbling noise after change of gas valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can anyone suggest a solution here

My boiler stopped with ER fault, re-setting did not help since same fault after few minutes. The Engineer (corgi reg) changed the gas value and all was Ok for a day.

Then the grumbling/vibration noise started, initially when the hot water came on. The engineer came back and fiddled with the gas value setting, all well for few hours but that evening same thing. The Engineer tried one more time but noise/vibration still there, couple of times boiler has stopped with "ER" fault but has started back after re-setting. What I have noticed is
- was with hot water coming on, now random
- reducing the temp control on boiler sometime helps, although this morning I raised it from 4 to 5 and the noise stopped

The Engineer is coming back on Monday but I am not convinced he can resolve this issue
- could the valve be wrong part number ?
- could it be faulty

Any ideas please or should I look for a different Engineer
thanks

Gasmk1

Thanks, is this simple to do?
My gas Engineer has had three attempts so far and am little concerned
thanks

If you're concerned I'd get another engineer to take a look. Maybe put an ad here..[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

We can't offer repair advice on the open forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GREENSTAR 30CDi grumbling noise after change of gas valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! My Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Combi boiler started making a rather loud juddering noise two nights ago. I bled all the radiators and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
Started getting a random F7 fault on our gas boiler, called out a gas engineer to have a look at it. He gave it a good look over and checked and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock