Search the forum,

Discuss GreenStar 30si leaking water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, i hope somebody can help me, i seem to have a leak from my GreeStar 30si boiler, it looks like it coming from the Siphon container, from the top, around where the Flue meets it, inside the boiler, i have noticed that there is an overflow pipe, yet, it seems that nothing can flow out the Siphone container, where it is joined on, so, is this pressure build up? where it can't escape? or just a leak. any advice would be grateful, thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 13
  • leak.png
    leak.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 14
Just been serviced ?

Just been serviced ?
Hi, funny you should say that, a guy come here to service it, as i was working away, and wanted it safe for my son being here, he put a do not use sticker on it, said that the heat exchanger was corroded damaged, he wanted to charge me £550 for a new one, so i bought one brand new off ebay, then i contacted my mate, who hasn't got back to me about this issue, who come and replaced a seal, on top of it, and it sorted out that problem, so i have now a heat exchanger here, i can't use, anyway, they guy who put the sticker on, said he still serviced the boiler, my current mate, said it's coming in from the outside with the rain, but it's not, he hasn't come and looked at it yet, but it was serviced and only started leaking two days ago.

Last edited:
I trust 'your mate' was Gas Safe Registered, if not he's committed a criminal offence by working on your boiler and needs reporting to Gas Safe.

I suggest you contact Worcester Bosch using the details on their website. They do a fixed fee repair for £328, which your 'guy' should have told you about, and will leave the boiler in a safe condition.

Hi, thanks for the reply, and, yes, my mate is 100% Gas safe, he has his own company, it's not something that i would let anybody, or myself mess with, I've taken the front off myself, and found the leak, but will not touch anything, it will be done by my mate, or somebody who is qualified and Gas safe, and Worcester, is rather expensive, why would i pay them all that money for a cheaper simple repair? as it looks, as bad as they guy who tried to rip me off for £550, thanks for the advice though, it's very much appreciated. best regards

Common issue needs a new washer on the trap get your gas guy to order one

A big thanks, my mate turned up this morning, took him all of 5 mins to sort this issue out, a big thanks for all the help and the comments, and advice, no water leaking now. many thanks Guys, it's very much appreciated.

Reply to GreenStar 30si leaking water in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock