Search the forum,

Discuss Greenstar 40cdi conventional in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gas74

Gas Engineer
anyone know what it means when there is an L (inverted)flashing in top left and bottom right of display alternating between that and flow temp. Boiler will not fire onto full rate either so poor/ no heating/hw. Can’t find any info on this
Help appreciated.

Have you just turned the power off ?

Have you just turned the power off ?
No was doing it yesterday.
Hadn’t been serviced for years.
Cleaned heat ex and choked condensate trap
Replaced electrodes and seals.
After siphon mode boiler worked great.
Fan pressure good
Min and max settings good
Just got a call today saying it was doing same again but don’t know what it means can’t find info on it anywhere.

It's a service reminder then

Won’t get back until tomorrow so trying to get a heads up before I go. Never saw it before on a greenstar and like I said not in book.

It's a service reminder then
No I reset the service reminder. And that’s usually SE
Weird. It won’t fire up to max client says. It almost like siphon mode but a different symbol and won’t come out of it?????? I’ll have a look tomorrow and maybe phone WORCESTER.

I still think it's siphon fill mode

I've had this on exactly that boiler size and model and it turned out to be a PCB fault. It looked like brackets turned through 45degree. Speak to technical support they can take you through a factory reset of the board software which may or may not iron this out, they called it a software glitch initially. Ironically the fan did not run anymore following the fitment of the upgraded replacement PCB. The fan may have been the original cause of the board fault though. Turned out expensive.

I've had this on exactly that boiler size and model and it turned out to be a PCB fault. It looked like brackets turned through 45degree. Speak to technical support they can take you through a factory reset of the board software which may or may not iron this out, they called it a software glitch initially. Ironically the fan did not run anymore following the fitment of the upgraded replacement PCB. The fan may have been the original cause of the board fault though. Turned out expensive.
Thanks I was thinking it might be something like that. Will check it out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar 40cdi conventional in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls system and is all working correctly with my 3 zone s plan system (CH x2, & HW). Boiler fires from the LR (signal) when the Tado calls for heat but...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old Its conventional mains gas boiler central heating system (not a combi) the boiler is an “Ideal logic 18” – with hot water tank in an upstairs airing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock