Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Greenstar CDI Classic - Hot Water Issue in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening All,

Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently.

Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler on water demand, water gets hot, boiler stat goes upto 100 and it knocks off. Sometimes it cycles back to hot and stays hot sometimes it doesn’t stay hot. Sometimes you wait 5 mins try and again and it’s fine. Worth saying that it never repeatedly cycles hot and cold, cycles once or twice and then stays either hot or cold. Also this has been only every so often not everyday.

CH is fine, apart from one radiator not getting hot but they probably need bleeding as first time it’s been on since summer.

Tonight it has done it again but now when the boiler temp gets up to about 90 there’s some horrendous noises coming from the boiler but mostly the associated pipework.

About a month ago I changed the mag filter and it was quite dirty (not sure how much is excessive!) and I think it seemed to be better after that.

Any ideas what this could be before I get a plumber out?

Plate to plate

Sorry to say gas engineers job

Reply to Greenstar CDI Classic - Hot Water Issue in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock