• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 595K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
flue liner.jpg hello mr flue liner !!

taken from bedroom cupboard

went to a burst pipe today , asked me to look at boiler as they thought it needed a service. found this when i asked woman of house who fitted it she replied brother in law 4 years ago. o right whats he do - "oo hes a proffesional plumber" o right is he gas safe or was he corgi . then i get that look through you look. lol

Attachments

• IMG_0540[1].jpg
    IMG_0540[1].jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 688
went to a burst pipe today , asked me to look at boiler as they thought it needed a service. found this when i asked woman of house who fitted it she replied brother in law 4 years ago. o right whats he do - "oo hes a proffesional plumber" o right is he gas safe or was he corgi . then i get that look through you look. lol

There seems to be a lack of pipes there bod :) As well as the flexi's and 15mm gas, where's the prv pipe?

Speaking of 'where's the prv?' look at this I found the other day on a Worcester Greenstar R25HE. Boiler was about 7 years old. No pipework for the prv could be seen anywhere and someone thought the best thing to stop it dripping is a black iron plug.

DSC_2807.jpg

I AR'd the boiler and drained some water off as it had gone up to 3 bar.

Speaking of 'where's the prv?' look at this I found the other day on a Worcester Greenstar R25HE. Boiler was about 7 years old. No pipework for the prv could be seen anywhere and someone thought the best thing to stop it dripping is a black iron plug.

I take it there was no 2ry (external) PRV on the system? Shocking if not!

I couldn't find one. No signs of anything externally, but the prv should not be left like that anyway, it should be returned back in to the pipework.

found last friday, i think once there was a prv pipe before but no one knows what happened to it? DSC_0115c.JPG

The other thing is both pipes coming 15 mm to 22 mm service valve and again reduce to 15 mm. Is it because they were lazy to go merchants to buy 15 mm service valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock