Search the forum,

Discuss Halstead ace HE24 flue inspection cap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

merv

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,
I am having differculty in obtaining a replacement flue cap or a part number.
I attended a property recently and the cap was missing. I have tried all sorts of fittings without success.

I have also tried contacting halstead but kept on hold for a lifetime at premium rate.

I take it customer service is not one of their priorities.

Any help in obtaining a cap would be appreciated!!

b307354da493234ac920e4185f7be879.jpg
4f30932f8df302297bf4768b21ac033b.jpg

Emmmm, so that's not the flue gas test point.... is it?

What's covering it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the baxi solo test point is the same might be worth a ring to baxi

I believe that is the test cap missing.

I'd probably be putting a female iron on it with a sealant and at risk it as a temp repair until I can get the cap. Or, cap them off, depending on how mean you are feeling.

Yes, it is the flue gas test point. I've got a five pence piece siliconed over it at the moment but I want to get it sorted pretty soon. I've tried a glowworm cap but that is too big.

Thanks for all your feedback. I will At Risk it tomorrow.

Hi merv, i wonder if a better approach would be to Remove the 5p piece and ID it removing the appliance from the gas supply? After all if the 5p dropped off the flue causing an incident it may look bad on you.

Yes I know I can't leave it that way. I didn't think I would be that hard to obtain a replacement

Does it really need turning off and 'ID' in this weather, common sense needs to be used some times, will the blank you've made fall off, were is the boiler in the house, let the occupier know about the danger and get the correct blank, they have more chance of dying from hypothermia than monoxide poisoning.

That's alright then:sorcerer: . if a plumber cant blank a hole of safely and not feel confident thats its safe, then go down your route and leave rhem in the cold

Personally. Unless had some form of screw on blanking cap on it for a temporary repair that was definitely secure I would be IDing it. Otherwise would be leaving AR.
At end of day if a temp repair falls off or dislodges you may be responsible for a potential CO incident.

Halstead rubbish is now owned by glen dimplex rubbish who have no idea or interest so you probably won't get a cap from them.

Does it really need turning off and 'ID' in this weather, common sense needs to be used some times, will the blank you've made fall off, were is the boiler in the house, let the occupier know about the danger and get the correct blank, they have more chance of dying from hypothermia than monoxide poisoning.

I disagree with this 100%, yes it should be ID if the flue is letting flue gases into the room and that goes for any room.I wouldn't be putting a 5p over it either.

Its not letting fumes into the room if it is safely blanked, read the post

Its not letting fumes into the room if it is safely blanked, read the post

A 5p is not safely blanked and the OP should never in any circumstances do anything like that again. If that 5p came off and someone had carbon monoxide poisoning or died would they or their family turn around and say oh that's ok he tried to give me heat whilst he got the part? No they wouldn't they would want him struck off gas safe, compensation and to go to prison for endangering their lives.

I would ID and cap it, I have before in the past used a brass cap with a washer as a temporary fix overnight and still AR it. If the people are vulnerable then get them an electric heater or 2 and charge them for it, I also find that a lot of vulnerable people are a lot hardier than the majority of younger people as most have probably lived with no heating when they were younger.

The 5p is irrelevant to my posts I'm saying don't be too quick to turn the boiler off in this weather we all have a van full of material's to safely blank that test point off with

Last edited:
It has now been rectified. I had to buy a complete flue adapter to get the cap off. Very expensive cap at ÂŁ85.00

Have you found one yet? Not promising anything but I think I've got an old ace in my scrap I will have a look on Monday if your still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Halstead ace HE24 flue inspection cap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock